Monday, December 7, 2020

Quilt News! Color of the Month, Red, 4 Medallion Blocks Pieced Together


2020 Color calendar color for December, Red!

Red medallion block in process.

My Four Medallion blocks, 50" x 50", pieced together, 12/2020.

More piecing progress.

2 blue, 2 red medallion blocks, Maybe a final border with the b/w striped fabric?

The other red medallion block.

First blue medallion block.

I used this red print 'Wonderland' by Rifle Paper Co.!

 

Quilt News from the valley!
Where Christmas lights are twinkling around the neighborhood like stars.

Color Calendar color of the month Red! And I like the words chosen to describe red; festive, courageous,
bold... 
Color Your World Color Calendars are published by Trends International and can be purchased here; https://www.trendsinternational.com/catalog/product/view/id/12304/s/213069/.

In view of celebrating red I worked on my 4 Medallion Quilt and got it pieced together finally this week.
Two medallions red and two blue, I think blue and red work together well.

(When I say medallion I'm using it to describe the design process, beginning with a center square and working out from there with borders ) As a challenge to myself, I started with the small center squares to see where the process would go.
At first I wasn't sure if I would put the red and blue blocks together.
All four were variations of a theme, 2 red and 2 blue medallion blocks, that made a good statement, together they went!

More Log Cabin blocks have been pieced and added to the growing stack. Visit Temecula Quilt Co. where they have a QAL in progress, Down Home Darling, using Log Cabin blocks, one of my favorites.
I'm working at my own speed but getting lots of inspiration from Temecula Quilt Co.!

That's the quilt news where it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas ( for around here )
and we are remembering to be thankful.

'Peace on Earth, good will to men' 

I'll be by to visit!


6 comments:

Mystic Quilter said...

Wow do I love that Medallion quilt Marly - gorgeous!!

Mystic Quilter said...

It must be the Christmas rush but apologies Janie for giving you a new name, why that happened I really have no idea!

Janie said...

That's all right! Thank you for your kind comment and yes, Merry Christmas!

Queeniepatch said...

Red, what colour is more appropriate for December?
Your quilt blocks are looking gorgeous, you really are the Queen of Pizzazz.

Ann said...

Red is my favorite. Love your medallions and the Rifle Paper Co fabric. Merry Christmas.

sewyouquilt2 said...

So pretty the red and blue. Red is such a happy color