Saturday, November 28, 2020

Quilt News: Bright Sampler Finish, Happy Thanksgiving, Log Cabin Block QA with Carolyn Freidlander or Temecula Quilt Co.'s Down Home Darling!


 
Bright Sampler finished, 11/2020, started 2018.

Santa sighting at the Christmas Tree Farm, nice smile.

Last few inches hand sewing the binding.

Log Cabin blocks started for Temecula Quilt Co.'s QA, Down Home Darling.

My white Amaryllis blooming, four buds on this stalk.

Widthwise view of my finished sampler.



Lengthwise view, 84" x 74".

All four flowers open! and another stalk ready to bloom.




Quilt News from the valley, 
where we have sun and cool temp.s!
And a wonderful Thanksgiving was enjoyed here by all.

This week I finished hand sewing the binding onto my Bright Sampler Quilt started in 2018, a BOM, 'Times of Refreshing' by Piecing the Past Quilts Co.
I chose my own colors, block arrangement and border treatment.
I've been working on it for a while off and on, it's hard to believe it's finished!

And, always looking ahead, I decided to do a QA by Temecula Quilt Co., their 'Down Home Darling.' It's a Log Cabin block quilt and I enjoy piecing log cabin blocks, liberated or precision.
I'm adding some liberated piecing just to shake it up a little.
The centers are the traditional red square ( differing sizes) in prints.

Also, a quilt friend of mine, Debbie, who blogs @  A Quilters' Table is going to be Quilting Along with Carolyn Friedlander's Modern Log Cabin Quilt.
I'm going to keep a close eye on her progress and maybe start off in that direction soon.
The design is modern and I would call it 'liberated' and exciting for sure.

We went to the local Christmas Tree Farm on Friday and wouldn't you know it Santa showed up in his BMW.
He officiated over the hot cider and I had to get a photo of his great smile.

That is the Quilt News from the valley, where we are remembering to be thankful!
And progress is being made! 
I'm hurrying less and enjoying the simple things in life, 
after all, it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas.

I'll be by to visit.....

7 comments:

Debbie said...

Beautiful finish and I love your choice of binding!
RE: the QAL - join! It'll be a quick and easy sew I'm sure. ;-)

sewyouquilt2 said...

Love your finish. Santa was following you hmmmm. Checking to see if you are naughty or nice

Queeniepatch said...

You mean Santa is using BMW horsepower instead of reindeer?
I love your beautiful sampler quilt, it looks so good on the bed.

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

Oh my, a lovely sampler! And the b&w binding is great! Lucky you, seeing Santa.

Janie said...

Thanks for your support all!

Ann said...

You always have such lovely quilts with your own color combination. It's a treat to see them.

audrey said...

Lovely to have a brand new finish! The binding is perfect! I love making log cabin blocks too. They are quite time consuming but look good in a myriad of ways!