Saturday, May 12, 2018

Light Log Cabin Blocks, Butterflys, Improv Block Experiment, Sew Stitch Snap Share

Final arrangement of my light liberated log cabin blocks. 

Two borders added, 6 1/2" blocks.

My butterflies pin basted ready for machine quilting.

Close up with three borders, on the left.

Liberated, improv test block, quilted with binding.

Back with lovely turquoise batik, 5 x 6 1/2".

Liberated 'Smoky Plum', sampler blocks, final arrangement.

Close view, Kona solids, batiks and print, 12 1/2" blocks.

Happy Weekend!
From the Pacific North West, where we have blue sky and great views of the local volcanoes, today.
And the pollen count is high.
Also, Mother's Day is tomorrow, Happy Mother's Day moms everywhere.

This week I've got borders sewn on my light log cabin blocks and pinned basted my small butterfly quilt.
It was based on Fig Tree & Co. Quilt Shop pattern, Mini Painted Ladies.
I also had time to 'play/experiment' and came up with an improv block I liked and finished it as a very small quilt to keep for future reference.

And I came up with the final arrangement for my liberated 'Smoky Plum' sampler blocks. For some reason I had it in my mind to keep the nine patch block in the middle, but I realized it would look better on the outside. I'm happy with it now. Now onto the borders.

I'm linking up with Julie @ justjulielou to share what I've been 'working on this week and to get inspired by what others are creating too'.
Thanks Julie for hosting this week.

That's the news around here. Enjoy the spring and share a smile, I'll be buy to visit.