Friday, June 14, 2019

Quilt News Friday, the Color Gray, the Color Blue, This is Alice 2


Meet Alice 2 in blue, 17" x 17", I like this size.

Redondo Beach, afternoon sun peaking out, south.

View looking north, sun warming it up.
 Rabbits in the neighborhood, plotting to take over the world.


Happy Quilt News Friday!!

It's Father's Day this weekend and summer officially starts the day after!
Oops! That's wrong! Summer starts the 21st of June.
Happy Father's Day Dads everywhere.

And the weather here is still gray, once in a while the sun peaks out. We went to Redondo Beach yesterday for dinner and to enjoy the sun while it lasted.

I pieced Alice 2 together last week. I've decided to do a few improv small Liberated Medallion Style blocks for the challenge, for more on that see previous post. This block sewed up fast except the part where I had to unpick a border that wasn't working out. Editing carefully is always a challenge for me. I often get lost on rabbit trails and forget goals.

Speaking of rabbits, the local rabbits that live along the beach trail and on the golf course are reproducing like crazy and I'm sure they're planning an uprising of some sort. Maybe they'll figure out how to charge an entrance fee to walk the trail or some sort of added golf tax that will be charged to golfers for infringing on the rabbit's home territory. I'll let you know if that happens.

That Quilt Friends is the news from the rancho, where progress is happening and walks are being enjoyed. What projects and plans do you have lined up?

I'll be by to visit!

6 comments:

Pamela said...

Alice 2 is fantastic!

Ann said...

I like the way you are using that black and cream stripe. What fun to see how it changes when different colors are added.
W’ve been seeing many more rabbits recently. I do thing we see so many more because their natural predators are long gone.

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

'Alice 2 in Blue' is looking great! Love the stripes!

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Am I the only one that took a good look at the rabbit to see if he happened to be carrying a pocket watch? Sorry, but couldn't resist the reference to Wonderland, particularly when your quilt is called Alice.

Janie said...

You caught that!
It was about having a little fun with Alice in Wonderland, yes.
I was trying to not be obvious.

Audrey--Quilty Folk said...

Alice 2 is wonderful! Love the touch of blue floral paired with that stripey section!