Thursday, June 27, 2019

Quilt News, Yankee Puzzle Blocks, Alice Gets Another Red Border, Remembering Heroes.

This is the block, Yankee Puzzle.

Yankee Puzzle block is 8" square, made of HSTs.

Pieced and measures 32" sqr. it will soon have a 2" border all around.
'Alice in Red' block has another border and now measures 17" square.

California peaches, free stone and easy to peel, it's that time of the year!



Happy summer and it's almost the weekend,
 With 4th of July coming up next Thursday!

The clouds have burned off and the sun is warming it up here.

My Yankee Puzzle block quilt has been pieced and will soon have a 2" border making it 36" finished.
Red certainly takes the dominant place or depending on how you look at it, the neutral place.

'Alice in Red' block has had another border added to bring it up to the same size as my 'Alice in Blue' block. They will make up a medallion center. I'm designing or improvising as I go.

In remembrance of all the men and women who serve our country in the armed forces, and remembering all who've given their lives in that service, we are grateful.  There is no way to repay what you've done, we owe you all our deepest respect and gratitude.

That my Quilt Friends is the news from the rancho, where I'm remembering to be thankful.
How are your projects coming along, using any red?

I'll be by to visit.


11 comments:

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Hmmm - haven't been using any red recently, but HAVE been seeing red a few times as I sorted out technology woes AND struggled with PMS Albatross. I know I prefer your reds to mine!

Ann said...

I love Alice in Red. And the fruit is so delicious right now! Yum.

Robin said...

Alice in Red is very intriguing. I like each new addition. I especially like the name.

Mary Marcotte said...

I'm slowly working on my own Red as a Neutral and thinking it's getting close to the finish line. Your Yankee Puzzle has such pretty colors all working together. And peaches are my favorite. Yesterday I picked a bowlful for a cobbler.

Pamela said...

Lots of red! The quilts are very creative and the peaches look delicious!

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

I just love these Alice blocks and your Yankee Puzzle is gorgeous with such vibrant hues.Happy Stitching to you from me outside Ottawa, Canada!

Janie said...

Well thank you! I hope you get your technology figured out, that can be so frustrating.

Janie said...

Picking fresh peaches, it doesn't get better than that.

Janie said...

Thank you, Jocelyn, happy stitching to you too!

Mystic Quilter said...

Super fabrics you have in Yankee Puzzle, I especially like the one with strawberries featured.

Kaja said...

I love the combination of red, pink and ochres you have in the Yankee Puzzle blocks and Alice in Red is growing beautifully. You make me want to do something in reds now too.