Friday, May 17, 2019

Quilt Improv Colorful, Two Finishes, Kona Cotton Wasabi Border, Flowers

Piecing small improv Log Cabin blocks here.

Apron finished and in the mail!

Wild Daisies and Mariposas along the beach cliff walk.

My Mother's Day flowers, note the yellow-greens and violet-blues!

Improv Log Cabin Blocks in border.

Borders and corners on.


Happy Friday from the coast!

We're having spring weather with showers, wind, clouds and sun.

Last Sunday was Mother's Day and I'm still enjoying my flowers, the color mix is lovely.

I got my apron project done and it's in the mail to DDIL. The ruffles add lots of fun.

The borders on my Improv Log Cabin quilt are sewn on and I think I'll name it 'Beach Cabins.'
I used Kona Cotton solids, batiks and prints in this quilt. This is another quilt inspired by Gwen Marston and her book, 'Liberated Medallion Quilts', publisher AQS. This top is finished.

And here's a tip, if you are or become a member of AQS you can buy some of Gwen's books from AQS at a good price. I think the membership is worth it just for that. I don't want to forget to mention you will also get a discount on the classes they offer.

That's the progress report from the rancho, where we're wearing sweaters and hats.
And remembering to be thankful.

I'll be by to visit.






10 comments:

Kaja said...

That is the fanciest, prettiest apron I have ever seen. Your flowers are beautiful too and in colours that remind me of your work- they should inspire a quilt of their own.

Karen said...

a beautiful feast of colour Janie which truly brightened my Saturday morning x

Pamela said...

Fantastic borders! You DIL will love the apron.

O'Quilts said...

Happy post..great fabric choices.

Janie said...

Thank you, Kaja. And yes, I think the colors in the flowers are a great palette.

Ann said...

You always use such lovely colors. I notice your fabrics match the Mother's Day flowers.

Janie said...

Thanks Ann. Yes, the colors match! Aren't the orchids gorgeous?
Someday I want to raise orchids.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Your flowers had to have been chosen with your love of colour in mind (they're beautiful).

Karen said...

I hope you had the happiest of Mother's day's! I do love the apron....

Mystic Quilter said...

Beautiful flowers, so bright and I once had a green orchid amongst my Cymbidium collection yers ago! Improv quilt - love the green border fabric!!