Friday, March 1, 2019

Four Patch Border, Spring Colors Already? Butterfly for March

This Four Patch border will be the fourth border when it gets pieced on.

Stacks of four patches, do I see spring colors or what?

We've had rain and it's looking green around here.

Peacock Butterfly for March 2019.
Painted Lady butterflies have started to come out around here this last week.

More Blanket Stitches, I like the 'Tea Green'.


Hello from Rancho Palos Verdes!

Where we have high clouds and almost no wind, nice.
In the photo looking out over the golf course you can see the plant life is greening up.

This week I've been piecing four patches for a border, and I noticed the colors remind me of spring. 
I'm not sure what will go on next, stay tuned. This quilt and my HST Barn Raising were started last spring and then I got side tracked and put them away for a while. It's time to move forward and finish a few things around here!

And it's March 1st! We have a new grand baby coming this month. Thrilling for sure.

My afghan is growing stitch by stitch and warm on my lap when I work on it, perfect for cool weather. The crochet class I'm teaching is lots of fun, everyone is making progress.

That's the news from the rancho, where I'm remembering to be thankful.

I'll be by to visit!


6 comments:

Ann said...

This is the time of year to have a lap project. So cold.

Anonymous said...

You have added an unusual print in your new quilt, love the horses.
It's good to have a warm crochet project while it is still cool, at the same time you can see how spring is approaching with its greenery and butterflies.
Queenie

Pamela said...

Congrats on the grand baby to be! The afghan is gorgeous!

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

Loving your 4-patch border. And congrats on the grandbaby news!

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Yay - a new grandbaby - how exciting! I'm trying very hard not to envy that marvelous green landscape as we sit here in the cold (very!) and snow.

Mystic Quilter said...

Must be coming Spring if the butterflies are arriving.I've just spotted the prancing horses in your squares, always good to add something unusual into our quilts. Congratulations on the expected arrival this month, do tell us whether boy or girl!