Friday, March 8, 2019

Floral Medallion Style Quilt with Four Patch Border, Yellow Daisies!

Four patch border pieced on, now approx 38 x 42".

My floral medallion style quilt with four borders, not done yet.

Daisies along the coast trail are happy in the sun, look close for lots of bees.

The trail is greening up, birds are singing!



Hello from Rancho Palos Verdes!
Where we have sun and wind today, rain off and on.

And it's March, spring starts officially this month! The bees and daisies are making a rush for it.

This week I pieced onto my floral medallion style quilt its four patch border. I think I'll add one more border about 2.5" wide, shooting for 42 x 46", and then it will be a finished flimsy.
This is for a certain little girl.

Cathy has finished her 'Fractured Rainbows'  quilt and it's fabulous, you must visit her blog and see for yourself.
She still has snow on the ground where she lives, brrr!
There's always inspiring designs and quilts on her blog, thank you, Cathy.

That's the news from the rancho, where I'm remembering to be thankful.

I'll be by to visit.




5 comments:

Pamela said...

Those borders are perfect! I really like the colors in this quilt. That certain little girl is going to love it!

Janine @ Rainbow Hare said...

This quilt is beautiful. I love the colours. I also enjoyed seeing your sunny photos :)

Ann said...

Isn't the sky a beautiful blue after rainstorms?
A lucky girl to receive your newest quilt.

Kaja said...

Spring starts and we are just getting the first snow of the winter. This quilt is particularly lovely - something about the mix of prints and the way the darks and yellow-y shades balance out the sweeter tones.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Woke up to snow again this morning, but luckily it turned to rain. No flowers here yet!! And that special little girl is going to love her quilt....great for snuggles.