Sunday, July 21, 2024

Quilt News! Three Coneflowers Medallion with Borders Quilt with Raw Edge Applique Finish! Sewing/Project Room Peek, Make Twine with Fabric Strips for Komebukuro Bag? Yes!

My Three Coneflowers Medallion with Borders Quilt finished!

This is my sewing/project table, cleaned up for the photo, it's normally more cluttered!

My two fabric bins, yes, that is all I allow myself.

Hall closet where sewing/project tools, batting, etc and three finished quilt tops reside with bath towels and pillow cases. A multi-task closet.

My first Komebukuro Japanese style drawstring bag with new twine drawstrings.

Making twine with fabric strips is easy and I like the look with my bag.


 

 

Hello Quilt Friends!

Last week was extremely busy with several days of kids and grand kids visiting with fun and adventures. 

I did manage to get the binding sewn on my BB1 QAL project before they came and Three Cone Flowers Medallion Quilt is finished! I used Raw Edge Machine Applique to sew on the three cone flowers with leaves. That was my first try but a lot easier than I thought it would be. It's machine quilted.

I found a good tutorial on making twine with fabric strips and I liked the look. So I twined two lengths to replace the grey ribbon in my first yellow Komebukuro Japanese style drawstring bag. The twine drawstring looks more authentic. 

And Debbie @ aquilterstable featured some photos of her sewing/quilting room in her blog that I enjoyed seeing, so I thought I would show my humble sewing/quilting room too. Mine is a tight ship but it works for me. I iron on my Martelli's Round About cutting mat and ironing pad.

That is the news from the valley where I'm getting back to business as usual. I'm remembering to be thankful, counting my blessings one by one.

I'll be by to visit.

2 comments:

  1. ahh. Thanks for the mention. Love seeing your space too! And your cone flower quilt turned out so nice!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your recent finish. I have loved following your progress as this quilt is a bit unusual for you. Usually you have only pieced work, here you played around with appliqué. I am glad to hear you enjoyed working raw edges.
    The rice bags do look more authentic with the new twines.
    Your studio is far better than my little corner. Like you, though I try to keep everything very tidy and take care to put things away.
    I see you calendar that always gives you inspiration.
    Queenie

    ReplyDelete