Sunday, February 12, 2023

Quilt News! Fun with Quilt Borders, Hand Stitched Sashiko Project in Use! 2023 International Scrap Festival by Ann Wood! Susie @ Susies-scraps.com!

Sashiko project finished and being used in my kitchen.

Hour Glass Medallion #1 with String and Sawtooth Borders got a final 1.5" border!

#1 close-up, approx. 30" square.

#2 with final 2.5" border close-up.


#2 Hour Glass Medallion with Sawtooth Borders (on top), 30"x 30".


 

Hello Quilt Friends! Cold but mild weather in the valley.

And my two Hourglass Medallion small quilts with String and Sawtooth borders are officially done with final borders. I thought they both needed a final border for a neat finish. 

Also finished is my Sashiko hand stitched kitchen mat. We keep our water jugs and coffee makers on it. It soaks up water and quiets the kitchen counters. Visit Sashiko Lab for great online classes and ideas.

Also for fun inspiration and a great reason to have a festival, you must visit Ann Wood's 2023 International Scrap Festival! Lots of inspiration for using all those scraps too precious to throw out. 

Ann also links to Susie @Susie-scraps.com. I had a wonderful time going through Susie's tutorials and I  might have to try her Granny Squares Scrap Quilt and/or her Economy Squares Quilt. Both are superb for using tons of scraps.

And that, Quilt Friends, is the news from my sewing room to yours. I plan to celebrate 2023 International Scrap Festival with gusto, how about you? 

I'll be by to visit.

3 comments:

Robin said...

Your medallion quilts are fabulous. I love the movement and the combination of shades and colors. So nice! And 3 finishes so early in the year are terrific.

Debbie said...

I love your finished sashiko piece and how you are using it - perfect! Also thanks for the info about the Scrap event - off to check that out.

Kaja said...

Fantastic medallions! I like seeing them together too. Also thanks for the links - very interesting.