Friday, May 1, 2020

Hand Quilting, Wild Dogwood Blooming, American River South Fork

Big color blocks will be quilted with an X.

I finished hand quilting the four patch border!



The corner and side triangles are all quilted.

Wild Dogwood was blooming all along east 50 past Placerville.

The South Fork of the American River was high with spring runoff.

'Megalithic' stone along the river.

Hello from Northern California where the wild Dogwood is in bloom!
Last week we did a little sightseeing out to the South Fork of the American River.
The mountain air was invigorating.

And progress has been made hand quilting my Bright Sampler, approx 84" x 74".
I finished quilting the fourpatch border, it was a bear, just tedious.

And that quilt friends is the news from along the river.
Where I'm remembering to be thankful because it sure beats being grumpy.
I hope you're all well and that you've made progress on your projects.

I'll be by to visit!

5 comments:

Queeniepatch said...

it is when one has been in lockdown or self isolation for a long time that going out in the fresh air is really invigorating.
Hand quilting can be tedious, but the result is always rewarding, especially when you put it in a beautiful and colourful quilt!

Mystic Quilter said...

Beautiful photos, both of your quilting and the scenes from your exploring trip.

Pamela said...

I think hand quilting is rather soothing. Your outdoor photos are gorgeous.

Ann said...

How lovely that you can sightsee while staying in place. Lucky that!

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Thankful vs grumpy - I know which one I would want to win out on that one!