Monday, April 20, 2020

Hand Quilting Bright Modern Sampler, American River Walk, My Spring Handbag.

My Bright Modern Sampler hand quilting in progress.

Bridge across the American River, Folsom, CA.

Wild flowers along the river walk.


And more wildflowers along the river walk.

My Vera Bradley handbag, echoing spring colors!


Hello from Northern California!
Where we are enjoying spring walks along the American River.

Yes, we made the move from compacted Los Angeles, Southern CA, back to the north where life is a little more relaxed and less complicated. People here are of course practicing social distancing and many are wearing masks but there are less people here and they tend to live slower lives.

We are in temporary housing and won't be able to unpack for a bit so it's vacation time. Also I'm using a new tablet so getting used to it is a challenge. This is the first time posting on it so we'll see how it goes!

I brought my current hand quilting project along. No sewing machine for a while.

And that quilt friends is the Monday news where life is good. I hope you're all busy and well.

I'll be by to visit!

10 comments:

Pamela said...

It looks like a nice place to be. Hand quilting is gorgeous!

Mystic Quilter said...

Oh beautiful hand quilting on your sampler Janie and I didn't know that you were moving location - the scenery on your walk is a delight, lucky you. Keep well and enjoy like in Northern California.

audrey said...

Your hand quilting is looking so good! Love it! Hope your new home is working out well. Looks like a gorgeous place!:)

Queeniepatch said...

I am glad to hear you are in a less crowded place now, enjoy your walks and I am sure you will be happy hand quilting.
I am having a good time handpicking my log cabin blocks. It is such a nice pattern.
Stay safe.

Ann said...

Did you have trouble moving? I'm glad your are out of LA for a while at least. It is fun to see all the flowers on our daily walks. You sampler is coming along beautifully.

Janie said...

Thanks for stopping by Ann. No, we didn't have any trouble moving, the restrictions are for unnecessary travel. The lease was up good time to get out. We won't be going back anytime soon.
Love it here in NorCal!

Karen said...

I must admit I found L.A. overwhelming and a little crazy when I visited so I can imagine the contrast for you now in a less populated area. California is a beautiful place so I'm sure you had lots of areas to tempt you.
Gorgeous pictures from your walk Janie and as ever, your work makes me happy, the vibrancy...it's always so 'alive'. Stay safe x

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Being where it's less populated can't help but be a good thing. So nice to have a slower pace of life I'm sure. It will be even better once you get a more permanent residence. In the meantime, hand stitching is very calming!

sewyouquilt2 said...

Hand stitchin is good in these stressful times. Glad it is slower and less populated. Thanks for taking us on your walk with you

Kaja said...

Moving to a less populated area sounds such a sensible move and it is certainly very pretty. I love the curves in that bridge.