Wednesday, May 6, 2020

Color Calendar for May, Favorite Sewing Tools, Josef and Anni Albers Influencial Modern Artists

May's color romantic purple!

One of my favorite sewing accoutrement bags, machine quilted by me.

What's inside, those thimbles work great.

My needle book, my design.

And my Yazzii  tool tote can hold a lot.

The zipper pockets are handy and you can see what's in them.


Hello from beside the river!
Where the mountain air is delightful.

My color calendar features purple for the month of May. The calendar uses these words for purple, inspirational, spiritual, extravagant, noble, magical, mysterious. Fun with color and words!

Make sure and visit Stitchin' Post with Jean Wells and read her excellent post ' Dreaming in Color, Supporting Colors'. Jean has a great way with color and she's a good communicator.

And Debbie Feske in her post Unmatched , listed Josef Albers as an inspiration for her newest repurposed art quilt, which turned out amazing.
For tons of inspiration read up on Josef Albers and his wife Anni Albers and peruse their art work. They were and are still influential in the modern abstract art world.

That quilt friends is the quilt news from beside the river.
Where color is being appreciated and studied, and I'm remembering to be thankful.

What's your take on color this month? Are you busy with the Rainbow Scrap Challenge and dark green?

I'll be by to visit.


4 comments:

Queeniepatch said...

I don't think I've ever seen such a purple house. I love purple for clothes, but for a home..? No, I think purple is a difficult colour for both the exterior and the interior. There was a time when lots of purple and teal quilts were made. You would need such a quilt in a purple house.
Your sewing kit looks very nifty, a place for everything and everything in its place.

sewyouquilt2 said...

Love your bag.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

I do like that purple! I don't play along with the Scrap Challenge because I don't have enough cotton scraps to bother. Not a sane quilter either, so there's that.

Ann said...

I have some threads that could be put in one of those bags. Another project for the coming weeks. Thanks.