Friday, September 20, 2019

Color and Design Progress Geometric Modern style Quilt with Borders and Fall!


Arrangement decisions begin.

More units added to the mix.


Possibilities....




Border candidates, yes, they're Kona Cotton solids!


Happy Friday!
Tomorrow is the first day of fall.

Quilt news this week; more arranging/design and color fun. 
I've been piecing units and cutting borders, etc. very busy. I'm working on several projects at the same time, for some reason I don't feel as pressured. I notice several of my blog quilt friends work the same way with good results.

If you're looking for inspiring color and process, I suggest visiting; Audrey, Donna , and Gwen Marston Quilts on Bing/Images. I like variety, it's the mix that makes an interesting recipe.


September weather on the coast has been fabulous. Coast breezes come up and clear the humidity, lovely.  
And that is the quilt news from the rancho where progress is being enjoyed and I'm getting into the fall mindset. The temperatures will start to cool down and then it's time to think of stews and roasted butternut squash. What's your favorite fall menus?  

I'll be by to visit.

8 comments:

Magpie's Mumblings said...

I can always count on you to show us amazing eye candy colours! Looking good, as always.

Pamela said...

The color and variety of fabrics are enchanting.

Mystic Quilter said...

This new quilt is looking very exciting with the mix of geometrics in there, are you going big with the size?

Ann said...

What a joyful quilt. The mix of black, white, prints and solids is delightful. Have fun!

Janie said...

Thank you Maureen. Yes, it will be a little bigger with the borders I've planned. Gwen Marston's book 'Liberated Medallion Quilts' is inspiring me.

Kaja said...

This one looks fantastic! I love the yellow-green, which is a great foil for the other colours, and the mix of florals and plaids with solids.

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

A great mix of colours & I like how you are adding in those solids too. For some reason I find it hard to pop in solid fabrics with my florals, I must try again as, like here, they really can be effective. We are heading into summer over here, can't wait for those hot summery days!

Janie said...

Thanks Linda.
I try not to even bother if a fabric is a floral, print or solid. I squint my eyes and get the 'read' of the general color of a fabric and contrast.
Using the black and white option on your phone or camera will give a good idea of contrast.