Sunday, September 30, 2018

Four Borders Done, Yellow against Blue, Packing for Road Trip.

Stacks of my four patch blocks, pressed.

Arranging four patch blocks into 4 borders.

Fall colors, yellow against blue.

Four Patch borders, sewn together and pressed.
Four Patch borders for my On-Point Sampler blocks.

Hello, from Renton, Washington.
Where we have rain and clouds today.

This will be my last post from Washington as we are headed south tomorrow for a road trip to Rancho Palos Verdes, California. We'll be staying there a while and it's a beautiful time of the year to visit.

We'll be traveling through Oregon to Northern California, where we'll go west and travel south along the coast to Rancho Palos Verdes. It's a great drive and if the weather holds I'll get some photos to share of the scenery and stops into local quilt shops.

This week I did get my four patch blocks sewn together and pressed. Then I arranged them into four borders and sewed and pressed the borders. They'll go around my 'On Point Traditional Sampler Quilt.' That will wait until I get settled in Rancho Palos Verdes. Something to look forward to.

That's the news from the shire, where we're packing up camp. Soon we'll be living in the 'rancho.'

Remembering to be thankful.
I'll be by to visit.

8 comments:

Pamela said...

You four patch borders are perfect! I look forward to seeing photos from your new adventure.

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

Enjoy your road trip!

Ann said...

Your checkerboard is one of the reasons I like medallion quilts. There are so many simple designs that lend themselves to a border and this is one. It just lets the fabrics shine. Enjoy your trip. Thanks for sharing the golden leaves.

Mystic Quilter said...

Perfect border! Have a good trip.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Sounds like the perfect time to be heading southward to warmer climates, how I wish I could do the same! Have a safe trip!!

Janie said...

You're welcome Ann. Yes, medallion quilts are design fun. I'm going to try to find Gwen Marston's book on
Liberated Medallion Quilts at the library, I think it's probably loaded with good ideas.

Janie said...

Thank you, Maureen.
I think the four patch border works well too.

Kaja said...

Like Ann I like your checkboard border a lot. Have a good trip - I look forward to hearing more about it.