Tuesday, September 8, 2026

Quilt News!! Star and Broken Dishes Quilt Blocks, Scrap Quilt Diary by Jolene Klassen for Scrappy Inspiration, Hiking Adventures...

Cristy Creek sparkling in the sun flows into the Green River at Flaming Geyser State Park.

'Interviewing' colors and pieces for my new quilt top.

Arranging and piecing fourpatch blocks that will make up sixteenpatch blocks.

My Star Block pieced together.

Star and Broken Dishes flimsy progress on my 'design floor.'

Improv triangles piecing progress.

Stacks of blocks to be arranged.

My copy of Scrap Quilt Diary by Jolene Klassen is full of scrappy inspiration, I read through it often...

New patch of cyclamen growing in our local arboretum.

 

 

Hello Quilt Friends!!

Sunny and mild today in the valley. 

These last couple of weeks have been busy around here. We went to a family reunion, very fun and wonderful. It was at Cannon Beach, Oregon, gorgeous scenery of course. Now we're back and recovered.

 We've also been hiking a lot; end of summer, have to soak up the sun. September already!!

I've been doing a lot of arranging and 'interviewing' blocks and pieces for my newest quilt top that I'm calling simply Star and Broken Dishes Blocks. I've also pieced fourpatch and sixteenpatch blocks to fill in the background. I used scraps and leftover pieces from my stash and other projects.

And since it's very much scrappy I got out my copy of Scrap Quilt Diary by Jolene Klassen and read and reread it for inspiration. Jolene also talks in her book about Bonnie Hunter of Quiltville and her method of cutting up scraps which is another great resource for us scrappy quilters! 

That quilt friends is the news from the compound, where quilting adventures continue and the seasons continue to display their changing beauty.

I'll be by to visit. 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment