![]() |
I checked Cindy Grisdela's book Artful Improv out from my local library and followed her improv circle tutorial, one block so far.
|
![]() |
| My Checkerboard small quilt 12.5 x 12.5" is finished with binding, hand quilted/tied. |
![]() |
| Boken Dish Blocks in batiks, solids and prints. |
![]() |
| This little art improv quilt is my current inspiration for my new projects, 15" x 15". |
![]() |
| Six Broken Dish Blocks, each block is 5" square when finished. |
![]() |
| I've finished more scrappy hot pads for gift giving. |
![]() |
| Strips cut to be subcut into squares to make more Fourpatch Blocks and Broken Dish Blocks.... |
Hello Quilt Friends!! Happy August.
Sunny, summer afternoon here in the valley.
I was just thinking my sewing worktable is beginning to look like Sherlock Holmes' laboratory. I have several projects scattered and piled on it in various stages of progress... Maybe the longer daylight hours have something to do with it???
Last week I finished more potholders for gifts, using up more scraps.
And I finished binding my small art improv 'Checkerboard' quilt using 1 1/2" squares cut from scraps. The small squares finished at 1". I hand tied every other square and hand quilted the borders.
Then to be on a different track I decided to use one of my small improv scrappy quilts that I keep on my bedroom wall as inspiration for starting some new scrappy projects. It has Broken Dish Blocks, Fourpatch Blocks and improv triangles and measures 15" x 15". What's not to like about Broken Dish blocks, Fourpatch blocks and improv triangles??? I'm having fun with the planning.
Just last couple of weeks I've been reading through Cindy Grisdela's book Artful Improv. She has great communication ability and excellent tutorials as well as lots of tips on color choices. I followed her improv circle tutorial and it worked okay, obviously practice is the thing!! And I'm looking forward to reading her recent title Adventures in Improv Quilts too. I have it on hold at my library. It has good reviews.
That is the news from the compound where we are all busy as bees. I hope you're enjoying the longer days of summer too. Progress reports anyone????







No comments:
Post a Comment