Wednesday, October 2, 2024

Quilt News! Blue Ribbon for my Medallion Style Art Quilt with Borders, New Komebukuro Japanese Style Draw String Bag #5 Finish, And Fall Colors Decor...

State Fair Blue Ribbon, I'm excited!


This is the winner, my Medallion Style with Borders Art Quilt.

Progress on my 4 Tiles Medallion BB2 Challenge quilt top, my interpretation, approx 32" square.

Finished my Komebukuro/Japanese Drawstring Bag #5.

Fall decor fun for our grand children when they visit.

 

Hello Quilt Friends! Fall is here and it's a wonderful time of the year. 

I put out fall decorations so our grandchildren can have fun with the colors and talk about the upcoming fall and winter fun. It's important isn't it to share with children the excitement and beauty of the seasons as they change. I love the wonder in their eyes.

And my Medallion Style Art Quilt with Borders won a blue ribbon at the Washington State Fair, Yey! It was my first time at competition and I was not getting my hopes up. I had read some articles on state fair competition and read that it's really up to the judges to make the decisions on who does or doesn't win anything, so don't take the outcome personal. I entered 3 quilts and got one blue ribbon, I'm okay with that. 

My Four Tiles Medallion quilt (BB2 challenge), now has another round of pieced borders and corner blocks ready to sew onto the center, it will measure approx. 32" square. This is my rendition and loose interpretation of the prompts by Audrey at Quiltyfolk. No applique will be added. I'm using this challenge as design practice.

Last week I finished my Komebukuro/Japanese style drawstring bag #5. I'm going for the rustic look in this series of drawstring bags. I made twine from fabric strips for the drawstring and that is time consuming. But I did find a faster way to make twine from a tutorial. Instead of holding the strips in one hand and doing the twisting with the other hand, the strips are anchored by a safety pin and both hands twist the strips, much faster and easier on the hands! I often learn as I go, right?

That is the quilt news from the valley, where the days are getting shorter.

Do you decorate or do something special to celebrate fall?

I'll be by to visit.


No comments:

Post a Comment