Tuesday, June 11, 2024

Quilt News! #4 Komebukuro Style Draw String Bag Finish, New Improv Quilt Project from Leftover Pieces/Fabrics, Garden Party Inspiration, Happy June!

Scrappy orphan borders and blocks pieced together 14" x 18" so far.

My finished draw string bag with boro applied patches (running stitches.)

Fragrant Azaleas in the Wilderness Lake Arboretum.

Piecing 'orphan' blocks in progress, Rail Fence formation.

Iris at the arboretum, beautiful....color is important to me....

Close up of sashiko/running stitches, by hand...

My newest finished Komebukuro style draw string bag #4 open.

 

 

Hello Quilt Friends! 

Summer is right around the corner. The neighborhood pool is now open and excited kids are enjoying the water and sun, marvelous.

More flowers are blooming at the local arboretum, colorful and inspiring.

And projects are getting finished and started here. I finished my 4th Komebukuro style draw string bag. I applied colorful patches with boro style stitches, (running stitches), using scraps and left over fabric from other projects. They make handy storage for sewing supplies. Working in series is a skill builder!

My newest Improv quilt challenge to myself, keeping creative juices flexible and flowing, is this: using left over border pieces and fabrics I pieced/trimmed them into blocks adding strips of color here and there. Now I want to add two more blocks and more strips of color. The big question in this new project is 'What if?'... more blocks, sashing, borders, how big, more pink? The blocks now are approx 5" square.

Also visit Linda @ kokaquilts for a gorgeous finish, her Garden Party quilt top. With all the flowers in bloom I'm feeling like a Garden Party would be just the thing!

That is the quilt news from the valley. What are you working on, any finishes?

I'll be by to visit....


2 comments:

Queeniepatch said...

That’s another beautiful komebukuro. The colourful patches look cheerful.
Your new flimsy is also a great beauty - you are so good with colours.
The heat has arrived before the rainy season here in Tokyo. I’m exhausted after a long bicycle ride and need a nap!
Queenie

Mystic Quilter said...

What a colourful post ! Love azaleas and your new quilt start, beautiful colours.
Your Komebukuro bags are delightful, do you know if there is a pattern for these bags, they would be lovely for birthday or Christmas gifts for the ladies in my family.