Tuesday, February 22, 2022

Quilt News, Just Enough for the City, Slow Stitch Hand Embroidery Projects; Stitch Journal and Queen Anne's Lace.

Evening walk, Factoria, Bellevue, WA.
2nd page finished in my Stitch Journal.


3rd page started with double herringbone, blanket stitch, couching.

Close up of embroidery on my Queen Anne's Lace project.
Tight and loose French Knots on Queen Anne's Lace project
More stitches, straight, cross, French Knots and couching.
Embroidery on Queen Anne's Lace project, stem, feather, cross, running and back stitches.
This building and grounds are lit with magenta night lights in the evening.



Hello Quilt Friends from Bellevue WA, where it's winter!
There was snow on the car this morning but it's gone now.

We walked in the late afternoon the other day among the corporate buildings, exercise is important, and found that TMobile's corporate Bellevue building is lit up at night with magenta night lights, looks like fairy land.

And I've been adding to my Queen Anne's Lace project and having fun with loose French Knots.
I started it a few years ago and lost my inspiration and put it away.
My photo of wild Queen Anne's Lace was my original inspiration but after starting in and getting the basic shapes roughed in I got overwhelmed. 
Now I'm at a place where hand projects are perfect, nothing big here for now, and some YouTube tutorials have given me a jump start. See my previous post for those embroidery project links.

I finished the 2nd page of my Stitch Journal and started on my 3rd. Next I'll do a few pages of the crazy quilt type with trims, embroidery and fabric. It is a journal of stitches and colors very exciting and small for right now.

And that Quilt Friends is where I'm at, in the city for now and keeping my sanity by slow stitching projects.
Remembering to be thankful, God is good everywhere!

I'll be by to visit.

4 comments:

Queeniepatch said...

I just love looking at your embroidery stitches. Loose French Knots? I must give them a try!
You have always shown pictures of beautiful nature with plants and seascapes, now we can look forward to fantastic city views instead. Yes, buildings of concrete and glass can take on a fairy life with the help of illumination and magenta lights.
We really do have a lot to be thankful for.

Debbie said...

So good you are enjoying your embroidery projects; I'm enjoying watching what you're up to! ;-)

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

Loving all these stitches!

audrey said...

Oh my, your stitching is so wonderful looking! Love the idea of the stitching journal too. I think we're all kind of hanging on to our sanity by way of stitching, stitching, stitching. Just too much stress and drama in the world these days.