Tuesday, September 28, 2021

Quilt News! 'Log Cabins in a Field' Quilt Top Finish! Hand Quilting Progress and Where I Sew....

Orange X Square Medallion Quilt almost finished with hand quilting!
 


Log Cabin Blocks arranging and repiecing process, pieces of tape mark positions.
 

 My sewing station for the time being...
 

 'Log Cabins in a Field', in furrough formation, my quilt top final piecing.
 


 

Hello from the valley! It's fall and we have sunny skies and cooler temperatures. Pumpkins are making their appearance at local markets and neighborhood squirrels are hiding nuts away.

 This week I finished the arranging and piecing process on my new quilt top, 'Log Cabins in a Field',  approx. 40" x 40". I came up with that name thinking of furroughs in a field and log cabin blocks, of course! 

I had the rows sewn together and then realized the value was not working out right, here and there. So I unpicked some blocks and 'logs' and found 'acceptable' value combinations and pieced it all back together.

It was tedious but now it looks like I wanted it to look.

I was encouraged thinking of Kaja @sewslowly, and her piecing process. She is very careful to get her piecing just right and her quilts are works of art!

And I thought I'd put in a photo of my sewing station. I have to set up and tear down every time I sew as this is the family table where everyone eats. So for a time this is where I sew.

That Quilt Friends is the quilt news where progress is being made, fall walks are great and I'm remembering to be thankful.

How are your quilt projects coming along?

I'll be by to visit!

 

 

 

5 comments:

Queeniepatch said...

It is such a bother to unpick and restitch, but often the result is worth it.
I, too, need to take out and put back all boxes and stuff for hand stitching, and the sewing machine (when I am using it) every day. If I didn't like stitching as much as I do, I might quilt embroidery ad quilting!
Your quilt finish is great.

Debbie said...

Glad you took the time to create the quilt you were hoping for. Everything looks great!

sewyouquilt2 said...

Your hand quilting is beautiful and I love your log cabin quilt.so pretty. I hear ya on the set up on the kitchen table. Not fun. I prefer my room and shutting the door on the in progress mess lol
Fall is here too.in 40s at night warming up to 60s. Do you wear a sweater? Layers to peel off? That crazy in-between time

Kaja said...

Thank you for your kind mention! I think your top shows the work you put in, as it looks exactly right. I especially like the tiny bits of extra colour here and there.

Mystic Quilter said...

You have a wonderful log cabin quilt finished!