Tuesday, June 15, 2021

Quilt News! Happy June, Log Cabin Blocks Final Column Pieced, Red and Blue Medallions Backing Finished, Teddy Sweater Finish, Cherries and What we See on our Walks

Close up of sweater I knitted for my Grandmuffin's teddy.

I plan on piecing a 3" border all around, it's now 42" x 54".

Final column is pieced onto my Santa Clara series 21 flimsy.

The backing for my Red and Blue Medallion quilt is pieced, now onto layering and pinning.

Teddy in his new sweater.

We walk down this path in the evening.

Cherries ripe on the tree outside our window, squirrels, robins and crows enjoy them.

 
Hello Quilt Friends!
It's almost summer and it's balmy around here!

Much business around here, hardly anytime to get away. But some progress has been made.

The backing for my Red and Blue Medallion quilt is pieced, another step checked off.
Layering and pinning next.

The teddy sweater is finished! My little grand muffin at first didn't like it on her teddy, the next day she warmed up to it.

Much action outside our window as the robins, crows and squirrels gorge on cherries.

And that is the quilt news from the valley, where it's warm and lots going on!

Visit Beth Shibley and watch her quilt tutorials on YouTube, excellent.

Remembering to be thankful. 

I'll be by to visit.

7 comments:

Queeniepatch said...

It might have taken your 'grand muffin' a day to warm up to teddy's new sweater, but she will probably treasure it from now on, and forever. The dolls' clothes my mum made for my rag doll are still among my most treasured items I have.
You are so GOOD at combining colours, the back and white, or just white, sets off the strong colours.
You have beautiful scenery both on your walks and outside your window.

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

That's a pretty backing for your medallion quilt. It will make a great reversible quilt!

Janie said...

Shasta, thanks for visiting! The photo of my Red and Blue Medallion quilt is of the front. I haven't got a photo of the backing yet, that will come. Hope all is well with you and your appliances!

Mystic Quilter said...

I just love the Grandmuffin's teddy!! You've certainly been busy with your quilting and the cherries look delicious, no wonder you have lots of visitors coming to the tree.

Ann said...

Lovely knitting. I wish I had that talent. Your striking medallion reminds me to make one again soon. I’m enjoying cherries, too, but mine are purchased at the grocery.

Kaja said...

Your medallion looks fabulous laid on the bed - it's a really striking top.

sewyouquilt2 said...

Hot humid here.with no rain had a rainbow the air is so saturated. Love your quilts and teddy is sporting such a beautiful sweater.love it!