Thursday, October 22, 2020

Quilt News, Pumpkin Patch Visit, New Patchwork Hand Quilting and Binding, Quilted Zipper Bag Finish







Pumpkin Patch visit!

My newest Zipper Bag, pieced using scraps and machine quilted.

Summer 2, 16" x 15", pieced from Summer 1 left over scraps.

Hand quilting started and hand sewing the binding down.

Bottom view of my new zipper pouch.

Pumpkin Patch train ride.

Zipper Bag opened up, it's long enough to hold my scissors.

'Lady Bugs' in line for the train ride, adorable.



 

Quilt News from the valley! 

and yes, the photos are mixed up to spread the color around, and I still haven't figured out how to rearrange them without loosing them. Where do they go anyway?

We visited the local pumpkin patch, enjoying the scenery, we didn't stay too long, it still gets warm here in the afternoon.

This week I used up scraps piecing fabric together for a zipper bag to hold sewing tools, it's much easier to keep everything in a bag. That's called organized I believe. I use MSQ Co.'s zipper pouch tutorial.

Then I used scraps from my Summer 1 small quilt, featuring the primary colors, to piece another small quilt, Summer 2. For Summer 2, I pieced half square triangles and made four Broken Dish blocks on the right side. I'm still reading through 'Free Range Triangle Quilts' by Gwen Marston and Cathy Jones, published by AQS. It's full of great inspiration!

And that quilt friends is the news, where progress is being made and I'm spending a lot of time playing with my grand daughter, very important!

I hope you're all enjoying the fall and family when you get you get a chance. The best things in life are free.
Remembering to be thankful!

I'll be by to visit!








5 comments:

Debbie said...

Very sweet zipper pouch, and I really really love your hand-stitching!

Ann said...

Your zipper bags are lovely. Great mix of scraps and very clever to make it large enough for your tools.

Janie said...

Thank you Debbie, hand stitching is a classic.

sewyouquilt2 said...

Beautiful projects and i have never seen that kind of ladybug around here. Very cute

audrey said...

Your Summer 2 is looking wonderful! I love a good mix of plaids, scraps and hand stitching.:)