Wednesday, August 12, 2020

Quilt News: Primary Plaids Quilt Finish, a Visit and a Move to Cooler Temperatures Coming Soon.

Color calendar color for August, blue!


Canoeing on the river, this is for celebrating blue.


Hand quilting in process, some basting threads still in.

I trimmed the backing 1/2" over and folded that onto the front for binding, then hand stitched it down.

My 'Primary Plaids' small quilt mostly finished, just a bit more hand quilting maybe.


Plaid patchwork close up.


Soft cottons, lovely.


My Grandmuffin and I doing pattycake. She is a sweet little one!
 


Hello from beside the river!

We'll be moving this week into cooler temperatures. The river has been so enjoyable, the walks and wildlife fascinating.

And our little grandmuffin came to visit us, with her caretakers of course, who are doing a fine job. We had a wonderful time.

Quilt news, this week I've mostly finished up 'Primary Plaids'. I might add a little more hand quilting. It's a small utility quilt, and has a homey, comfortable feel and look. Piecing and quilting were done by hand.

I also figured out my roadblock with the new Google blog interface! My oversight entirely. But I still think  Google customer service should be improved.

And that is the quilt news from beside the river. I'm looking forward to getting to use my sewing machine again and cooler temperatures. Remembering to be thankful right where I'm at.

How are your quilt adventures coming along? 

I'll be by to visit.


6 comments:

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Can't imagine you having to move again. It's not an easy thing to do even at the best of times much less now. Hopefully the move goes smoothly and you're soon settled again.

Mystic Quilter said...

Your lovely improv fabrics remind me of the Madras Cotton dresses I had a a child!

Mystic Quilter said...

Janie I forget to say you have a beautiful little grand-daughter and love that you speak of her as your Grandmuffin!

sewyouquilt2 said...

OMG your granddaughter is so beautiful and sweet. How fun to spend time with her. Lovely view on the water. So serene in these crazy times. I am in baby mode at my blog.bibs, quilts, burp cloths. We have 3 that have month olds and two due in couple months. Busy busy!

audrey said...

So glad your getting time with your granddaughter! Precious precious moments. Really enjoying the little bit of red floral in your plaid quilt. Great combo!

Ann said...

What joy to spend time with your granddaughter and your children. Have a safe move.