Monday, July 13, 2020

Quilt News! Color for July Primary, Study in Green, Hand Piecing Project Progress

Color calendar color for July, Primary; red, yellow, blue!


A Study in Green, inspiration photo, taken in Maple Valley WA.

Study in Green, blocks began with hourglass challenge.

New Kona Roll-Up, Spring Meadow Palette.

This is the beginning of my hand piecing project, Primary Plaids.



More progress here.



And more....

This is how it stands as of today.

Back View of Primary Plaids.



                   Quilt News from alongside the American River, where temp.s are in high the 90's, it is July after all!

This week I finished more hand piecing on my quilt project, Primary Plaids, naming it for the July color on my Color Calendar. I want it to be longer than wide, haven't decided on when to stop.
It's fun to work on because I'm doing it 'old school', no rotary cutting, no sewing machine.

Then my Kona Cotton Roll Up in Spring Meadow Palette came in the mail. I'm going to use it to fill out my green blocks started with the AHIQ Hourglass challenge. Slowly but surely things will get done.
I'm in no hurry right now.

So Quilt Friends that is the quilt news from along side the river, where I'm remembering to be thankful and praying for healing for our nation. We don't deserve his mercy but he is a good God.

I'll be by to visit.




                                  



6 comments:

Ann said...

How fun that your calendar matches your quilt. I got an email recently about rainbow seersucker that looks very similar to your plaids. You got a jump on them. Keep it up.

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

Loving your 'primary plaids' it's looking so good! The addition of those red triangles really make this interesting. I am wondering, are you hand piecing this?

sewyouquilt2 said...

Love both your projects.you are so creative. Love those red triangles and also the green angles and linear..ness if that is a word lol.it mimics the picture nicely.great job girl!

Debbie said...

Especially love your plaid project!!

audrey said...

Love your hand piecing project so much!

Magpie's Mumblings said...

I think your plaid quilt is going to be one of my favourites. It makes me think of my dad and all the plaid shirts he had that he insisted on wearing with a pair of very loud hounds tooth patterned pants.