Friday, March 6, 2020

March Calendar Color, RSC Color, Dawn's Challenge 24 Plus Blocks

My calendar color for March, green!
RSC color of the month Teal/Turquoise and Plus blocks for Dawn's Challenge 24.


Using this book, pg. 124 for Challenge 24...
'Sticks', I think they're close enough to call them Plus blocks.

My Liberated Log Cabin quilt #2 with borders, binding sewn onto front, pinned down on back.

Torrance Beach, overcast and cooler today.



Happy March from Rancho Palos Verdes!
And St. Patrick's Day is coming right up.

Reporting the quilt news from the rancho where we have overcast skies.

My color calendar color of the month is green, I like the words used describing green,
nurturing, organic, fertile, healing, generous, etc. Those are some good words.
Wouldn't it be a wonderful change if the media/news industry started using those words and words like them, instead of the usual negative, destructive, gloomy words they pelt everyone with.
What a relief that would be.

For Dawn's Challenge 24, I chose to use my book by Freddy Moran and Gwen Marston, 
'Freddy and Gwen Collaborate Again' pg. 124. The block is titled 'Sticks' but I think it's about the same thing as a Plus Block so that's what I'm calling it. 
I used teal/turquoise scraps to piece the Plus Blocks for the RSC color of the month and so got two challenges fulfilled in one.

I sewed the binding onto the front of my Liberated Log Cabin quilt #2 and now I'm working on hand sewing it down onto the back, almost done!

Torrance Beach for coffee this morning, overcast and cool, but still enjoyable.

And that quilt friends is the news from the rancho, where progress is being made and I'm remembering to be thankful.
We do have so much to be thankful for don't we?

I'll be by to visit.




12 comments:

Pamela said...

Your teal plus blocks are gorgeous. The log cabin quilt is also striking. Torrance Beach looks quite inviting.

Julierose said...

I just love your teal crosses/sticks...really neat ;))) hugs, julierose

sewyouquilt2 said...

Love your teal pluses. Very cool

The Joyful Quilter said...

What fun you must have had making those Plus blocks in TEAL for the RSC!!

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

Love your teal blocks!

Queeniepatch said...

There are greens and greens. Teal is one very beautiful version. You cross blocks look great.

Mystic Quilter said...

Lots going on with you! The book from Freddy and Gwen is one of my all time favourites, lots of inspiration and ideas. Nice Teal blocks and you could call them either Sticks or Plus couldn't you?

barbara woods bewtjw@gmail.com said...

how do I follow your blog?

Ann said...

Those plus blocks are so useful. They look good as the center or a border or mixed with something else. You will make something wonderful. Freddy and Gwen's books are a classic resource and always lift our spirits. Good for you.

Kaja said...

I like those plus blocks and, as Ann says, they are very versatile. Look forward to seeing how they end up.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Yes, we have much to be thankful for and really need to keep reminding ourselves of that right now as we are constantly bombarded with doom and gloom on the news. I often wish there was such a thing as a 'good news channel' that reported nothing but feel good stories. Would be a biased look at the world, but could it be any more so than what we have now?

Susie H said...

I love your green words and it reminds me of maybe why green is my favorite color! You've got some prretty blocks going. Keep up the good work!