Tuesday, December 24, 2019

'Spare Parts' Quilt, Sharing Process and Hand Quilting Started, Merry Christmas!

Hand quilting started on 'Spare Parts', I'm using flannel for the batting.

This was a couple of months ago, before final border.

Part of the process, spare parts collected for the final border.

View of final border.

And corner view, final border.


Merry Christmas quilting friends!

Just a quick note of progress here. I've started hand quilting my 'Spare Parts' quilt and the photos show some of the process. And yes, it is designed using spare, left over pieces and blocks from other projects.

And for a winter treat, I recommend visiting Penny @ Tanglewood Threads where you will find beautiful winter scenery and amazing modern embroidery.

That's the news on the rancho. 
Where I'm remembering to be thankful.
Merry Christmas to you and your family!

I'll be by to visit.

5 comments:

Magpie's Mumblings said...

This one reminds me so much of a modern stained glass window installation - beautiful! I've followed Penny for a long time and love what she does (and those incredible Rusty Pups!). Merry Christmas wishes to you and yours.

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

Merry Christmas! Your quilt is gorgeous - it looks like a stained glass window. I like Penny's blog too!

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

Merry Christmas and happy holidays to you too!

Ann said...

I know you photographed the top in front of a window but it does look like stained glass. Chartreuse is a favorite of mine and I like the way you incorporate some blocks in your outer borders.

Pamela said...

Hand quilting in winter is perfect!