Friday, November 8, 2019

Torrance Beach in Fall Light & JoAnn Fabric Ready for Holiday's!

Art quilt 'Grey Star' with new borders added this week.

Walking along Torrance Beach in fall light.

Looking north across Santa Monica Bay. 

And south toward Palos Verdes.
I visited JoAnn Fabric in Torrance, CA this week.

Christmas has arrived at JoAnn's!

And more Christmas displays.




Hello quilt friends and happy Friday from Rancho Palos Verdes!
Where we have cool sunny fall weather, perfect for hikes in the hills and walks along the beach.

Torrance Beach is a good walk. The City of Torrance keeps their section of the beach and city up well; clean with good planning.

I pieced more borders onto my art quilt 'Grey Star.' I started it as a challenge, the AHIQ challenge, floral. I chose a small blue floral as the main fabric, then chose the color blue, from the floral, as the focus color with yellow and red adding spice, forming a triad color scheme. Then I pieced units and arranged them until I was mostly happy, keeping it small. That's the plan so far.

If you want to see an exciting piece of improv quilt design visit Ann and see her happy work.
She was in one of Freddy Moran's recent classes and Freddy, as we all know, has a wonderful way with color and design.

And that's the news from the rancho where I'm remembering to be thankful and we're enjoying walks in the cool weather.

I'll be by to visit.







7 comments:

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Glad to know you're not in the fire area - we've been hearing so much on the news here and it's definitely worrisome isn't it. Wish we had a JoAnn's here - would love to be able to visit and drool over all the goodies!

audrey said...

Your Grey Star is looking very snazzy with the new border work! JoAnns always seems to have a good seasonal decor section. Fun to browse.:)

Ann said...

Borders are always a good idea to me. I love watching you work on yours. Thanks for the compliment and link to my collage quilts.

Mystic Quilter said...

I'm pretty behind with blog reading and must have missed an earlier post or two from you Janie! Oh dear, your beautiful Grey Star and mention of the AHIQ challenge has jogged memory - only a few weeks left for me to come up with something!

Janie said...

You're welcome Ann, your collage quilts are fun!

Kaja said...

I don't use borders much but study yours carefully as they are an option I should consider more. I love your way of working with them - it always feels so effective and purposeful

Pamela said...

Grey Star looks great. What a pretty area to walk.