Thursday, November 21, 2019

A Finish, Improv Small Quilt Borders Removed, Inner City Street Art

Grey Star improv quilt is back to this photo, I decided to keep it small as planned.

Street Art Panel, photographed near Venice Beach, left side of panel.

Street Art Panel right side, the saturated colors are exciting.
My Watermelon Summer Quilt runner finished.

Back of my Watermelon Summer Quilt runner, finished.



Hello Quilt Friends! from Rancho Palos Verdes, CA.

We've had rain and clouds for a few days, a wonderful change.

I finally finished machine quilting my Watermelon Summer Quilt, it was started last summer.
I like the Four Patch Squares on point and how the batiks, solids and prints work together.

And Grey Star Improv Quilt is now back to the first photo. I decided I wanted to keep it small and so removed the borders I had added.

This last weekend we drove through the Venice Beach area on an errand, (not for the faint of heart). And I spied some street art that I had to get a photo of. Great example of vibrant modern art.

Stop by Pamela's blog  to see her exciting vacation in the Mediterranean Ocean, boat cruise and stitching!

That is the news from the rancho where it is almost Thanksgiving!
What are you thankful for?

I'll be by to visit.

7 comments:

Pamela said...

Thank you for the link to my blog!
The colors of the watermelon quilt are perfect - just so watermelony!

Janie said...

And thank you Pam!
Your vacation photos are lovely.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Most definitely can see the influence of watermelon! As for the street art, makes one wonder if there were different artists doing each section? There's a name for that but of course it escapes me!

Ann said...

The street art mirrors the colors of your Grey Star. No wonder you noticed it.
Congratulations on your Watermelon finish.

Janie said...

Thank you Ann.
You're right, the same saturated colors in the street art are in my Grey Star.

Kaja said...

I thought exactly the same as Ann about the street art. I like Grey Star where it is now - those triangles make a good outer edging for my eye.

Zane said...

Hi thanks ffor posting this