Sunday, August 18, 2019

Quilt and Craft Fair at Piecemakers Country Store in Costa Mesa, CA

Craft fair in the parking lot of Piecemakers Country Store 8/17/2019.
Sign out front, Costa Mesa, CA.


View from right inside the front door! Evelyn Penfield teaches bear making classes.

Crazy quilt with lots of embroidery, pattern available.

This is a sampling of Evelyn's bear and animal patterns/classes available.

Classes in session.

Vintage quilt for sale.


Entrance to Piecemakers Country Store, it's huge.

Gorgeous home decor display room.

Embroidery threads/yarn display.

Vintage/antiques for sale.

Cozy display, vintage kitchenware for sale.


Hello from Rancho Palos Verdes where the summer weather is mostly cool and sunny.

Saturday the 17th was Craft Fair at Piecemakers Country Store  in Costa Mesa, CA. That's about a 45 min. drive south from where we are. I'd never been there before so a trip was in order. The craft fair, held in the parking lot, was full of beautiful things, from herbs to jewelry to ribbons, laces and much more.
Then the store itself was huge with two floors. The bottom floor had quilt fabric, yarn and embroidery threads, buttons, embellishments, patterns, books etc! and classrooms.
The top floor had vintage quilts and antiques for sale.
I had an exciting time, in fact everyone there was having a great time. The inspiration was thick!
That is one well run store.

I might have to move to Costa Mesa to be near that store! In fact, I'd love to teach there, now how to talk DH into that, hmmmm.

That, my quilt friends, is the news from the rancho, where summer adventures are happening.
What have you been up to?

I'll be by to visit.

9 comments:

Magpie's Mumblings said...

I'm just a little filled with envy right now! I would so love to see that store!! I actually have that crazy quilt pattern from them (actually I have several of their crazy quilt calendar patterns). I always say I'm going to sit down and MAKE one of them but so far I've just dreamed about it. Who knows, maybe now is the time to act on it.

Mystic Quilter said...

Looks like you had a good time!

Pamela said...

Wow! Looks like a great place. Thanks for telling us about it.

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

Lots of inspiration!

Janie said...

That would be a stunning project Mary Ann.

Janie said...

Yes I did, I forgot how much fun it is to visit a well run quilt shop!

Karen said...

Oh I'd love to go here.....I'm surprised you could drag yourself away Janie.

Cathy said...

I've heard of Piecemakers but have never been there. I love old country type stores. There used to be a few around here but not anymore. I especially like the kitchenware. I have a lot of old kitchenware - some I use and some I display.

Ann said...

It looks wonderful. I've never been but will add it to my list of places to go.