Tuesday, September 4, 2018

Quilt Adventures, Hand Quilting, Shopping Undercover Quilt Shop in Seattle, Market Fun

Undercover Quilt Shop's street sign, down the hill is Pike Place Farmer's Market.

Window displays, Undercover Quilt Shop, Seattle Washington.

Talk about a fun design!

Mt. Rainier quilt and pattern inside shop.

Beautiful sample quilts, fabric and patterns.

Street performers in Pike Place Market, folk music, they were good.


We ate at 'Honest Biscuits', in Pike Place Market.
I ordered biscuits with their specialty cheese mixed in and sausage gravy over the top.

Piecing HSTs, I can see one row needs to be rearranged, oh well.



Back view of hand quilting on my 'City Sidewalks' with log cabin blocks quilt.


Happy September!

From the Renton highlands where we are having temperatures in the 70's and sunny days.

Last week we (husband and I) made a trip into Seattle for an adventure into the Pike Place Farmer's Market. There's always flowers, food and everything from souvenirs to clothes. 

This time we stopped into the Undercover Quilts, a block up hill from the Farmer's Market.
I talked with the friendly owner, she said they'd had their shop in the area for 23 yr.s. They carry a great selection of batiks, fabric and patterns. I do enjoy visiting quilt shops, the business aspect of it is  fascinating to me and the fabric and pattern selection is also a draw. I did bring home some Robert Kaufman hand dyed batik.

I'm piecing HSTs and getting the right order is a little fiddly.
Even having a photo of the arrangement I want on my camera I still managed to get it goofed up. But that's okay I know how to fix it. I'm getting really good at taking out seams.

And the hand quilting on my 'City Sidewalks' log cabin block quilt is progressing!
I got some hand quilting done at the 'sew in' last Saturday held at Maker's Mercantile, Kent Washington, hosted by Seattle Modern Quilt Guild.
As I said before I'm quilting it in a grid. I think that fits for city sidewalks and city blocks.

That's the news from the shire where we're enjoying the weather, going on adventures and finding time to work on projects.

Have a great day!
I'll be by to visit.



9 comments:

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

Love the colours in your HSTs. The name 'undercover quilts' got me wondering, a play on words?

Janie said...

Thanks, Linda.
Yes, Undercover Quilts, a play on words!

audrey said...

I've wanted to go to that shop for a long time! Sounds so interesting. And your food just makes me hungry!

Ann said...

I've been to Pike's Place but missed the quilt shop. Guess I'll have to make another trip. Thanks for sharing.

Queeniepatch said...

I envy you your many excellent quilt shops.

Pamela said...

What a great day out! Wonderful quilt shop and I love street performers.

Kaja said...

Lovely weather for adventures. Looks like a great quilt shop and I love a farmers' market.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

A great farmers market and a quilt store - my idea of fun!

Unknown said...

Thank you for the sweet blog post:) please come and visit us again!!! Linda from Undercover Quilts!