Saturday, May 19, 2018

Improv/Color Inspire Trip, Butterfly Quilted, Published in Art Quilting Studio, summer 2018

My butterfly quilt, quilted with 'informal grid' machine quilting.

Back of my butterfly quilt with improv piecing, using up scraps.

Pink azaleas, color wow!

Exciting home decor in World Market  at 'The Landing.'

Blue embroidery on white cotton, classic, made in India.

Tea towels with fun color.

Beautifully designed teapot and serving pieces.

Blue and green dinner napkins anyone? I'll take them all, thank you.

'The Landing' shopping center close to Boeing Field, Renton, WA.

Dock at Coulon Memorial Park, on S. E. Lake Washington.

Part of Boeing Field can be seen from dock at Coulon Memorial Park.



Happy Weekend!
From Renton, Washington, where we are enjoying sun with clouds today.

Yesterday was a sightseeing, shopping, and color exploration day. And down into the valley we went to 'The Landing' a shopping center located close to Boeing Field, where the huge flight industry started.

We stopped at a park off Lake Washington and saw baby ducks and got rained on. We're used to that, what's a little rain?

At World Market, summer colors and displays were worth the trip.
Where do you get your color inspiration?

This week I finished machine quilting my small butterfly quilt with an informal grid. I had fun with the backing, very minimal, improv pieced using scraps.

And yes, that is Rayna Gillman's book in my photos, Create Your Own Improv Quilts. I love that book, it doesn't have patterns but it has great ideas. Thanks Rayna.

Also one of my projects was published in Art Quilting Studio  summer 2018, due out in June. I got a preview issue and it's excellent. Of course because my project is in it, right?
But aside from that there are some excellent quilts and projects and I highly recommend this issue.
Good read and inspiration. 
Thank you, Art Quilting Studio and Danielle Williams, Assistant Senior Managing Editor.

Have a good weekend and I'll be by to visit.



4 comments:

Pamela said...

Congrats on the publication. It's great to get out and about to see different combinations of color and texture.

Quiltdivajulie said...

I miss our now-closed-and-torn-down-for-a-strip-mall Workd Market!! Congrats on the publication - will watch for copies in our local book stores.

Raewyn said...

Your butterflies look great - the informal quilting sets it off well. And congratulaion on being published - very exciting! Nice to see your sights :-) {Visiting from Sew, stitch Snap and Share}

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Of COURSE the Art Quilting Studio magazine is all the better for having you in it...no question! Congratulations! I love your butterfly quilt - and have to say that the back is fun too.