Friday, March 9, 2018

Baby Quilt Binding, Block Arranging, Barbara Brackman's Material Culture at QuiltCon 2018

Final arranging, now to trim blocks to size, then sew them together.

I'm sewing the binding strips together for the two quilts for my grandsons.

Binding in Moda's Grunge Dots made for both quilts.

Squared and ready for binding, 48" x 42".

Close up, trucks, trains and cars.


Happy Friday!
From the Pacific NW where we are staying with family, helping and sightseeing on the side.

This week I made progress on details for three quilts. Binding was made for 2 baby quilts and final arrangement of log-cabin blocks decided on and those trimmed to size before sewing them together. That was a long sentence.

I also visited Barbara Brackman's blog, Material Culture. She went to QuiltCon 2018 in Pasadena, CA with her sister, who has an art degree, and gave fun comment on what she found there. Barbara's blog is a good read and I enjoy her research, historical facts and insight into quilt history. She is a great resource, stop in to see.

And I'm linking up with Linda and Julie for Sew Stitch Snap Share #21. Where progress of the stitching and sewing kind are featured, stop in to share and be inspired!
Thanks Linda and Julie for hosting.

That's the news from the shire where things are getting done, slow but sure.
Have a great weekend and I'll be by to visit!


7 comments:

Queeniepatch said...

GRAND quilts! LUCKY babies!
I had a look at Barbara Brackman's blog and it is interesting to read what her sister said about the show. I have now been going regularly to shows in Japan (and a bit in the UK) for about 20 years. We can see trends that come and go, black or solids being dominant, then cute florals with kittens, or machine quilted to be followed a couple of years later with back to the classics featuring both piecing and quilting by hand. The fashion of quilts!

Mystic Quilter said...

I like your idea of these blocks for the AHIQ - you are ahead of me, I'm thill playing!

Julie said...

Those grunge dots look fun. This will be the perfect little boys quilt. I'll be popping off to Barbara Brackmans blog now.

Kaja said...

I like Barbara Brackman's blogs - they've been a good source of inspiration. Three quilts at once is good going.

Pamela said...

Great quilts for the grandboys. The log cabin blocks look fabulous!

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Trucks, trains and cars - perfect for little boys! I have to keep my eye out for some similar fabric for the backing of my action hero t-shirt quilt I'm 'gathering' for our oldest grandbaby.

Janie said...

Action Hero t-shirt quilt, now that sounds fun, let us know how that turns out!