Monday, February 5, 2018

Welsh-Folded Log Cabin Pattern, Color Inspiration, Lichen/Moss.

Front yard moss in the morning mist.

Moss growing on bark in the backyard.

Lichen and moss growing on a tree in the back yard.

Welsh-Folded Log Cabin pattern by Tonye Belinda Phillips. 

My chosen fabric inspirations for log cabin blocks.


Happy Monday!!
This morning was misty and grey but I was determined to find color inspiration just outside my door.
And in the grey mist I found moss and lichen growing everywhere. I think I heard fairy voices too but they heard me coming and ducked out of sight.

I found the Welsh-Folded Log Cabin pattern online at the Stitchin' Post Quilt Shop  in Sisters Oregon.
I liked the colors Tonye Belinda used on the cover photo and the different size blocks she used too.
And so I ordered the pattern, which I'll use as a general guideline.

Pattern and color inspiration photos in front of me I found some fabric scraps that are a good start and I'll keep them in front of me during the piecing process.

For the butterfly of the month I suggest you visit my blog friend, Mary Ann  to see her butterfly project, with beautiful embroidery.

That's the news from the shire, where umbrellas get used often.

Have a good week and I'll be by to visit!

7 comments:

Pamela said...

I think I see some fairies trying to hide in your photos. It looks like you have an interesting new project!

Janie said...

Thank you Pamela, I like log cabin blocks because there's so many pattern variations possible.
Yes, now that you mention it I think I see one or two.

Kaja said...

Rain can be tedious, but it's great for moss. I would love to see a quilt using the colours in your photos - those yellowy greens and browns and just a touch of red or orange.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

awwww - thank you! I was reading that bit and my first thought was that I would have to go and see that butterfly and THEN I realized it was mine!! I'm anxious now to see what you create using that wonderful moss as inspiration.

Mystic Quilter said...

You've taken some stunning photos of moss and lichen and I agree with Kaja - wonderful ideas for a quilt using those colours. The Welsh Folded Log Cabin looks interesting, never heard of this before.

Karen said...

love the moss, garden images Janie. It all looks so fresh and lush

vaiybora said...

I very much like your pattern it's beautiful,thank for sharing good i dea !

หนังสยองขวัญ