Monday, November 6, 2017

Free Style Quilted Pincushions, Kaffe Facett Neutrals Auditioning, some snow.

It snowed a little, Saturday and Sunday.

Today the sun is out full force.

Looking over a new charm pack of Kaffe neutrals, making plans.

And I'm sewing up more pincushions and needle books from my free motion practice piece. 

Slowly cutting fabric for more butterflies.


Happy Monday from the Pacific NW!
Where we are staying with family in Renton WA. sightseeing and helping out.
It snowed here, Saturday and Sunday. Today the sun is out making up for lost time but it's still cold.

I got my new Kaffe Facett charm pack of neutrals in the mail Friday, now I'm planning and auditioning them. I might use some of them in my butterfly blocks.

Today I'm working on pincushions and needle cases that I'm making from quilted fabric that I had practiced free style machine quilting on. I was going to throw it away but I realized that the quilted fabric was a treasure with the texture and fun stitching all over it. So it will be made into sewing accouterments; known to some as 'toolies'; pincushions, needle books, pouches etc. I think they'll make nice gifts.

That's news from the shire where we are staying warm and enjoying the sunshine today.
Remembering to be thankful.
Have a good week, I'll be by to visit.


11 comments:

Pamela said...

Beautiful weather photos! November is so changable. Your new fabric is gorgeous. Can't wait to see what you do with it.

Queeniepatch said...

Snow and sunshine, good contrasts!
Would you really call KF's fabrics NEUTRALS! I am sure they will make beautiful parts of butterflies, though!

Janie said...

Thank you Pamela.
November is like that, we're supposed to have rain the rest of the week.

Janie said...

Hi Queenie!
They were labeled as 'neutrals' when I bought them, you're right they are dark. And I'm going to use them as darks. Dark neutrals?
The fabric companys all have their different way of describing and labeling color don't they?

Mystic Quilter said...

Is that a stream I see over the roadway? Doesn't the snow on the tree make a pretty sight! Are you using your new Kaffe fabrics for your butterflies?

Annette Schneider said...

*Fassett

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

Amazing to see snow when over here in NZ we are heading towards summertime! And yes, I think 'dark neutrals' fits the bill, love them!

Ann said...

More fun in the northwest. Everything's fall-colored and that fabric will make beautiful monarch butterflies. You inspire me to think abotu pouches for Christmas presents. Again, a smart use for your quilting practice layers. Thanks.

Janie said...

Good to hear from you Maureen.
There is no stream on the other side of the road way.
I think the shadows and melting snow give that impression.
Yes, I think I'll use my 'dark neutrals' for butterfly parts.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Only in Kaffe's world would those fabrics be considered neutrals - amazing. We had the miserable white stuff on Thursday night and it's still here because it's been too cold to melt. I've had enough winter already....yuck.

Kaja said...

Those fabrics will make beautiful butterflies. They may not be what most of us would call neutral, but the KF fabrics are gorgeous in a dark, opulent sort of way.