Friday, November 17, 2017

Free Form Quilted Sewing Pouch Pieced Together, New Fabric Line from Natalie Barnes is Gorgeous!

My quilted pieces cut out for sewing tool pouch.

I began working a row of embroidery to match the other pieces.

Embroidery done, matching the needle books, pincushions and scissor fob.
I attached grey ribbon with mother of pearl buttons for the zipper pull.

It brightened up today almost glowed, around lunch, the backyard view.



Happy Friday and weekend!
From Renton, Wa where we are staying with relatives, helping and sightseeing on the side.

I finished piecing the fabric for my sewing pouch. And to make the pouch I used this free tutorial, excellent by the way, by Anna Graham which can be found here @ Noodle-head.com. Yesterday I finished sewing it together, lining, zipper and all. Today the embroidery got finished up and the grey ribbon zipper pull was added.

Missouri Star Quilt Co. has a wow pattern tutorial on YouTube, 'Josh's Star.'
The fabric used is 'Maker's Home' by Natalie Barnes for Windham.
Take time to look at the gorgeous colors and text prints too.
Text prints are becoming a favorite with me. They make perfect contrast.

That's the news from the shire. 
Where I'm remembering to be thankful.
I'll be by to visit.

5 comments:

Queeniepatch said...

I think your quilting is fab, and makes a very nice pouch. Thanks for the link to a great tutorial!
The greenery in your backgarden is really sunny.

Kaja said...

I really like the added hand embroidery on these pieces and echoing the red of the zip is very effective.

Pamela said...

Wonderful pouch. I agree, the hand embroidery is a nice touch.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

To think - all these fun sewing pieces are created from your practice stitching. Proves that nothing should ever be thrown out!

Janie said...

Thank you, Queenie.
Your 'moss stitch' looks great.