Monday, October 2, 2017

New Butterfly Blocks, 'Painted Ladies', Kaleidoscope of Butterflies 21.

My butterfly calendar October butterfly, Glasswing.

Butterfly fabric for another project getting cut up.

Happy October!!

It's time for celebrating butterflies with Ann  and Cathy's  Kaleidoscope of Butterflies.
Stop in, get inspired and share. Thank you Cathy and Ann.

This week I've been cutting fabric for a new project, small baskets for collecting thread scraps. Otherwise known as thread catchers. It's a small project with quilting, piecing and embellishing involved, sounds fun doesn't it?

I also chose 'Painted Ladies' mini butterfly quilt blocks for my new butterfly quilt project.
'Painted Ladies' is by Fig Tree & Co. They have a lot of fun patterns, check in to see.

This month my butterfly calendar features the Glasswing butterfly. It lives mostly in Central and South America but gets up into Mexico and Texas sometimes. It feeds on toxic tropical plants and is, because of that, thought to be toxic, so don't eat them! It is beautiful and looks fragile.

Have a good week.
I'll be by to visit.

8 comments:

Queeniepatch said...

The glasswing has the most beautiful wings!
I think thread catchers are very popular to bring along to quilting bees and workshops.
I am sure yours will be great.

Ann said...

I've never seen a glasswing. I bet it catches light beautifully. Painted Ladies is a darling pattern. It will be fun to see yours develop. Thanks for linking with Kaleidoscope of Butterflies.

Cathy said...

Oh, I'll probably never see a Glasswing except in photos. What a delicate looking creature...but as we know...looks can be deceiving (or toxic).

Sounds like a couple of fun new projects are in the works. I'm off to Fig Tree to look now at Painted Ladies.

Louise said...

The Painted Ladies pattern is really nice! Will you use this black and white fabric in it?

Magpie's Mumblings said...

What an amazing flutter-by! I've never seen one (and know I never will) so it was lovely to see your calendar page. I can only begin to imagine how those wings must glow in the sunlight.

Janie said...

Hi Louise, I'm going to use the b/w fabric in the thread catchers I'm sewing up.
Thanks for stopping by.
You must be organized to be able to sew on a boat, that would be a challenge.

Pamela said...

The new project does sound fun!

Kaja said...

I haven't come across the Glasswing before - how unusual and lovely it is. I like the sound of both your new projects, the thread catchers and the Painted Ladies.