Friday, April 24, 2015

I'll be Out of Town for a couple of weeks.......Tropical Piece of Cake with batiks.....



I've been busy piecing two quilt tops using some tropical colored batiks;I can't seem to stay away from them. The pattern is A Piece of Cake by Thimble Blossoms designed by Camille Roskelley.
They're for my granddaughters, who love fun and color, so these will fit right into their wonderful world. I'm still trying to decide if the tops need borders. The binding will be a Kona turquoise.
That's the fun part, deciding on the details that make each quilt unique.
Happy Friday, stop to enjoy something beautiful!



6 comments:

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Such fun colours and lucky granddaughters to get one of these!

Pamela said...

Very pretty! I'm like you when it comes to batiks!

Queeniepatch said...

Each block look more delicious than the other - green tea sponge with cherry cream filling, steamed pumpkin cake with blueberry, raspberry sponge with pistachio mousse...
IF you were to usa a border, how about some white lace (to represent a doily).
Have fun personalising each quilt.

Janie said...

Queenie, I just love your ideas!! So delicious, I'll certainly have fun thinking that over.

Ann said...

What lovely colors and fabrics! They look like little birthday packages.

Janie said...

Thank you, Ann, your Cultural Fusion Quilts are exciting!