![]() |
| Tomato pincushion progress, stuffing... |
![]() |
| My Star and Broken Dishes Blocks Quilt machine quilted and trimmed. |
![]() |
| I machine quilted with an angled grid. |
![]() |
| Two tomato pincushions done. I gather the bottom, stuff, gather the top and secure with buttons. |
![]() |
| Machine quilting finish here. |
Hello Quilt Friends!!
We have sunny October weather today and the fall leaves are getting more colorful!
Tomato Pincushions are taking shape, so far I've finished 3 and given one away. I followed Pin Cut Sew's Classic Tomato Pincushion tutorial . When I have some spare time I pick one up and gather, stuff and sew. They turn out cute, I like them. The button on the top and bottom can be 'enhanced' with a fabric Yo-Yo too, I'll make a few like that.
And last week I finished machine quilting my Star and Broken Dishes Blocks Quilt, 26.5 x 22", machine quilting it in an angled cross hatch. I got the idea from Debbie @ aquilterstable . Next will be the binding.
That is the project progress here in the valley.
The local farmer's markets are selling pumpkins, squash and Chrysanthemums, lovely colors.
Are you finishing projects and enjoying fall colors??? Have you had your first piece of pumpkin pie yet? I have, with ice cream, it was so good!
I'll be by to visit.





You certainly make delicious-looking tomatoes! To celebrate the autumnal season, how about making a few pumpkin pin cushions, too?
ReplyDeleteYes, it is a beautiful season; finally, the weather in Japan has dried up. Sunshine and blue skies, DRY air, at last!
The straightforward quilting looks good on the Broken Dishes quilt. I wonder how you are going to bind it.
Have a wonderful weekend.
Queenie
Love the look of the angled grid on your Star and Broken Dishes. What a delightful quilt overall. I like it!
ReplyDelete