Monday, April 1, 2024

Quilt News! Sunflowers with Borders Quilt Top Progress, Sashiko Embellished Rice Bag Finish, Spring Blossoms...

Another Rice Bag variation with Sashiko on pink linen....

White Hellebore at Lake Wilderness Arboretum.

My Sunflowers Panel with Borders quilt top, one more dark border to go.....

White Quince blooming at local arboretum.

Border choice interview... dark, light, dark, light and so forth....

Cherry blossoms ready to open..

 

Hello Quilt Friends, I hope you had a good Easter. 

It's spring and we're enjoying walks in the local arboretum, things are sprouting, birds are singing and blossoms are opening.

I finished another Rice Bag, I found a slightly different method and I wanted to see how it would turn out. I was happy with the outcome but I had to tweek the drawstring casing to work with the ribbon I had on hand. I always try whenever possible to use up what I have when making new projects. The bag now functions well but I had to take it apart a few times to get it there. The challenge met!

And good progress is being made on my Sunflowers Panel with Borders Quilt top. I bought the Sunflower Panel at the Quilt Barn in Puyallup, WA, last summer when I saw it on display. There were little bits of blue and purple tucked in among the sunflowers, 'I know what I could do with that!'... And it was on....

Walks in the Lake Wilderness Arboretum are stupendous this time of the year. The Hellebore and Camellias are fading out, the Magnolias are taking turns, their blossoms are super fragrant. I could  go on and on but I won't. 

What new color and project challenges are you in the middle of? 

Have a great day and I'll be by to visit.

4 comments:

Kaja said...

Your rice bag is so pretty. I love the pink linen with sashiko; it's a gorgeous combination.

Debbie said...

We were just talking about going to the arboretum this week...we need to! And love the rice bag. Too bag there were troubles, but looks like the beautiful finish was worth it.

Queeniepatch said...

Here in Japan we are ‘in the pink’ - the cherry trees are in full bloom and looking splendid.
I love 6our new rice bag Will you actually keep rice in it?
The sunflower quilt tells us summer will be with us before long.
Enjoy spring an it’s flower display.
Queenie

Janie said...

Queenie, I'm glad to hear that you are enjoying cherry blossoms!
And yes, my little bag is technically a drawstring bag. I don't plan to store rice in it
but sewing supplies. Thanks for pointing that out.
Delightful cherry blossoms!