Saturday, July 23, 2022

Quilt News! Piecing Sawtooth Rows, 'This and That' Sampler Quilt Top Finish!

Sawtooth row experiment #1, maybe for the backing?

This and That Sampler quilt top finished, now to figure out the backing.

My quilt Grey Star with sawtooth borders hangs in my kitchen.

Old Glory, July is a good month for flags.

Sawtooth and Fourpatch blocks, maybe this will be part of the backing.

Yellowgreen, green, purple, red, naturally.

 
 
Hello Quilt Friends! Are you enjoying summer? 
 
I know some of my blog friends are suffering with extreme heat, and that is difficult to endure!
Here in the Pacific NW we've had sun and some heat then it cools off and is overcast for a few days.
 
Fruit has been on sale at the local market, blueberries, Washington grown, delicious. We bought enough to freeze some for later, at that price it's a smart thing to do.

I finished the borders on my 'This and That' sampler quilt top, approx. 42"x 48". My sampler is made from leftover blocks and pieces from other projects and fat quarters bought on sale at the local fabric store. And now I'm deciding what to do with the backing, should I piece it together or what? I'm inspired to use some rows of sawtooth on the backing by my quilt 'Grey Star' that hangs in my kitchen with sawtooth borders. The design process goes on.

And that is the quilt news here in the Pac NW where local fruit is in abundance! And some quilt design is happening.

I hope you're busy with projects and I'll be by to visit!

4 comments:

Queeniepatch said...

There is so much going on on the front of This and That Sampler, that a calmer backing might be good.
The Stars and Stripes is almost a quilt pattern in itself, some flags are really suitable for patchwork!
Have a quilty day!
Queenie

Janie said...

Thank you, Carin. I think you're right about a calmer backing, that makes sense.

Debbie said...

Considering your sampler is 42"x 48" I think piecing a back would be a great solution, especially with some of those sawtooth rows added in! Have fun with it no matter what you do!

Janie said...

Thank you, Debbie for your vote of confidence!
Fun is the word.