Sunday, January 9, 2022

Quilt News! New AHIQ Challenge, Choose a Color Palette, Easy! Running Thru' the Back of my Mind....

Fall leaves 2021

......

Four Patch blocks I've been hand and machine piecing.

.......

Pepperberry Tree

Orange X Block quilt I finished for my granddaughter, fall 2021.

A page saved from my color calendar 2021.

Red fall leaves against blue sky.

 

Hello Quilt Friends, from the foothills of the Sierra Nevada!
Where it's cool and sunny.

And AHIQ has a new challenge, Choose a Color Palette!
That was easy for me as these colors, Orange, Yellow and Blue, have been running in the back of my mind for a while. I'm never very far away from orange as you might know if you've looked at my past projects.

The fall leaves around here put on a gorgeous show and a page I saved from my 2021 color calendar has stayed in mind along with the colors in the Orange X Block quilt I finished fall 2021 for my dear granddaughter Ellie. So the choice was already waiting to be acknowledged.

However, I'm in no hurry as we're still in the process of settling/moving in. There's no room for anything big right here, right now. So I'm adding to the Four Patch Blocks I've been hand and machine piecing, thinking of orange, yellow and blue, and dreaming/planning for the next projects.
A quilt, large or small or patchwork fabric for a bag, large or small, maybe drawstring or with a zipper?

Here are some tutorials that were fun to watch that have me thinking....
Japanese Rice Bag Tips and Tricks with Jean Wells;

Growing a Quilt Design by Beth, My Sewing Room,


and that, Quilt Friends, is the news.
I'll be by to visit and see what colors you are considering.

We have a lot to be thankful for, don't we?



5 comments:

Mystic Quilter said...

Oh you're off to a good early start Janie with the Challenge, I love your colour choices!

audrey said...

Your pictures are wonderful for the challenge.:) Great start!

Queeniepatch said...

Yes, when I think of you and colour, the first shade that comes to mind is probably orange. Then there is of course the turquoise... and black and white for added interest...
Autumn leaves are especially nice as they change from green to brown with many shades and tones in between; there is much to get inspiration from there.
I have never seen a pepper corn tree before. Is that the rose pepper variety, that is not 'peppery', but delicate in taste and beautiful for decorating a dish?
Have a joyous colour adventure once you are settled in.

Kaja said...

I have always admired the way you use orange. These pictures are wonderful inspiration so I'll look forward to seeing what comes next.

Debbie said...

Love the palette you've chosen! Thanks for sharing the Rice Bag video - I've made a couple and they are fun - I can recommend them as a nice smallish project! ;-)