Friday, July 26, 2019

Alice in Red Gets Final Borders,Yankee Puzzle Blocks Layout for Second Quilt, Quilt News Friday

'Alice in Red' medallion gets final border, top border not yet sewed on here.


I like this.
Yep!

Tagging rows before piecing.
Yankee Puzzle blocks in fun fabric by Cotton & Steel.



Happy Weekend!

Lots of busyness around here. I've managed to begin piecing rows for another Yankee Puzzle block quilt for another girl baby on the way! Lots of HSTs and fun fabric to look at.

Alice in Red #1 now has her final borders pieced on. I'm happy with how it turned out.
Borders can be tricky. I had to watch the final pressing and not stretch the border width wise.
Donna of Jordan Fabrics  has many good tutorials where she talks about being careful of just that.

This post is short, it's late and I need to relax after a long day.

That my quilt friends is the news from the rancho. 
Hope you're enjoying your summer and finding time for projects.
I'm remembering to be thankful,

and I'll be by to visit.


7 comments:

Pamela said...

The black and white is perfect to frame the bright reds!

Magpie's Mumblings said...

A girl baby - how wonderful! I'm harbouring a secret hope that our expected 'grand' will be a girl because I would so love to make dolls and girlie things for a change. Either way, a new little one will be loved and showered with 'grandma-makes'.

Kaja said...

I like the balance between fabrics you repeat and ones that only appear one in Alice, and the interplay between the reds and the black and white. I'd be happy for a boy or girl baby, but nothing on the horizon yet. Ah well.

Janie said...

Thanks Kaja. And I'm happy to say that the expected baby girl in our family is a grand baby, very precious. In fact there will be two, not twins, baby girls arriving this fall. We're happy about that!

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

I do love how the b&w looks with 'alice in red' - it sets everything off beautifully!

Ann said...

Every time I see Alice 1, I like it better and better. I hope you have some time to relax this week.

Mystic Quilter said...

Such a good plan to have two Alice quilts, each in a different colour.