Thursday, January 3, 2019

Modern 'Bright' Sampler Flimsy, Cathedral Window Step Two, Happy January, 2019 New Butterfly Calendar

I had to take advantage of the brightness outside, Bright flimsy, 74" x 84".

Top finished in December 2018.


Close up of colors and fabrics in my Bright Sampler.

Cathedral Window process, step two. Three squares lined up, ready to pin.

And the touching points are pinned, the fold is the sew line.

The seam is done here, the points will be laid back down to be tacked.


The three squares are sewn together and the four points are tacked down in each center.

Another finish in 2018, my City Sidewalks modern quilt, 30" x 30".

And the back of City Sidewalks, hand quilted.
Happy New Year! my new butterfly calendar 2019.


Happy January 2019 from Rancho Palos Verdes, CA.
Where it's sunny and cool.

Now I get to use my new butterfly calendar and see butterflies when checking the date. I've been looking forward to that.

And I've got step two in my Cathedral Windows process briefly outlined here. I think you can get the main idea, there are other tutorials that go into a lot more detail on YouTube. I'm making a Cathedral Window project that will have 4 rows of 3 squares. More progress to come.

I also posted photos of my 'City Sidewalks' Modern Quilt, a finish for 2018, and my 'Bright Sampler' flimsy finish 2018. Lots of quilters have been posting 2018 finishes so I thought I'd jump in with two of mine, more info on them can be found in previous posts.

I'm not spending too much time looking into the past but I'm sure looking forward to the future!
I plan on participating in a few new challenges going on and I'll be posting the progress.

That's the news from the rancho where I'm 
remembering to be thankful and I'll be by to visit!


6 comments:

Pamela said...

Your quilts are so colorfully delightful! I look forward to seeing more of your Cathedral Window project, as the technique currently has a hold on me.

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

Lots of lovely colour here today! Your 'bright sampler' is looking wonderful! I made a pincushion in the cathedral window pattern, that was enough for me!

Ann said...

It's always fun to see how you combine colors. So eye catching.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

I'm also looking forward to the Cathedral Window project you're working on. You inspired me to make something that will be unveiled in due course...hee hee.

Queeniepatch said...

Yet another method for Cathedral Windows! Your work is very neat. Now I am wondering what inserts you will add, exciting!
I am sure you will love to look at the calendar every day!

Pink Rose said...

Hi Janie love all your beautiful work ,you are very clever,i still cat get my head around the cathedral windows,it looks so complicated,hope you have a wonderful day xx