Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Running and Fly Stitch added to Art Quilt and Holiday Quilt

Winter Holiday Quilt, running stitches added.

Close up of Pacific Blues #1 and #2.

More Fly Stitches added to Pacific Blues #2.


I've added fly stitches to my art quilt Pacific Blues #2 in different colors with the changing seasons in mind. I keep P.B. #1 close at hand to compare and keep the theme flowing. Slow thoughtful work, no hurry here.
In looking ahead to the holidays, I've pulled out my small Winter Holidays quilt to finish it up with running stitches and a hanging sleeve, putting it up soon to decorate. I mostly finished it a couple of years ago, but it just didn't get done all the way,  needed embellishment of some sort. Now with some extra time and inspiration it will get done.
The Canadian Geese are back in town, so entertaining, delightful fall.


10 comments:

Kaja said...

I like the fly stitches a lot. It's an interesting, thoughtful thing to keep the first P.B. quilt at hand to refer to.

Janie said...

Thanks, Pamela!

Janie said...

Thanks, Kaja, like Gwen Marston said in her book Liberated Quiltmaking II, 'If we enjoy quilting so much then why are we in such a hurry to get done?'. Gotta love the process.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

There was a huge flock of Canada Geese passing over last night after dark. I couldn't tell how many there were, but by the sound there must have been a lot!! I need to get started on my Christmas creating too....just need to find more hours in the day.

Queeniepatch said...

It is so nice to see embroidery stitches on pieced patchwork!

Jillayne said...

I'm into slow stitching myself these days and really enjoying it. I love what you're doing with it here on this quilt of yours - looks so wonderful!

Ann said...

Three separate flocks landed in the bay while we were eating lunch yesterday. Good to know fall is arriving, even if the rains haven't.
Your embroidery is charming. Well placed.

Carli The Quilter said...

Oh, I see now, lovely stuff!

Carli The Quilter said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Carli The Quilter said...
This comment has been removed by the author.