Thursday, June 18, 2015

'Liberated' Star Blocks, great results...




Yesterday I pieced these 'liberated' stars using batik scraps. It was fun putting them together, felt like an experiment. I'm working through Gwen Marston's book, Liberated Quiltmaking II; so far I've put together log cabin blocks, now star blocks and next onto churn dash blocks. She has an easy to understand way of explaining things, based on traditional piecing.
It's amazing how quick these blocks can be pieced together.
I'll keep you posted as I get more 'liberated' blocks done!



5 comments:

Pamela said...

Beautiful blocks!

Magpie's Mumblings said...

These are intriguing - on first look they appear as though the point are identical and it isn't until you look more closely that you can see the difference.

Karen said...

gorgeous stars Janie. You have used such lovely fabric....

Janie said...

Thank you, Karen. Your new piece is scrumptious! http://karenannruane.typepad.com/karen_ruane/ .

apiecefullife said...

I too love Gwen Marston's techniques and wish there was more time to pursue them.
Thanks for following me.