Monday, February 12, 2018

Baby Quilts, Log Cabin Blocks, HST's and Angela Walters' Tutorials

Sewing logcabin blocks together this week, 4" and 71/2" blocks.

I'm machine quilting 2 baby quilts, don't you love Moda Grunge Dots?

This cute map panel is on the back of both.

I'm also working on HST's for a traditional sampler quilt.


Hello and Happy Monday!!

I hope you're getting inspired and getting lots done on your projects. This week I've been slowly machine quilting two baby size quilts for my two grandsons. I'm quilting them in a grid and I like to go slow and use lots of pins, a little bit gets done everyday, I quit before my neck bothers me.

Then some more HST's got pressed and trimmed to 2 1/2". They're for a traditional sampler quilt I started last summer from Piecing the Past Quilts.

And my log cabin blocks were added to and trimmed. There will be 12 larger squares and 16 smaller squares. I'm using Tonye Belinda Phillips'  pattern 'Welsh-Folded Log Cabin.'
These blocks are pieced on a foundation. I'm adding my own spin for color and strip sizes.

Angela Walters, machine quilter extraordinaire, has some excellent machine quilting tutorials on youTube.
She's good at getting her ideas across, practical with gorgeous results.
Take some time to be amazed!

Have a wonderful week and I'll be by to visit!


10 comments:

Queeniepatch said...

Your two grandsons will have so much to discover, on both the front and back of their quilts. Great work. Mind you neck, though!

Ann said...

Making them both at the same time will be extra special for your grandsons. Thanks for the link to Angela's tutorials.

Kaja said...

Lucky grandsons! And yes, I love those Grunge dots too.

Janie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Janie said...

Thanks Queenie. I'm remembering to go slow and relax my shoulders.
I hope you're feeling better.

Janie said...

You're welcome.
And I think they will both enjoy their quilts and give them lots of use.

Pamela said...

I love seeing what you are making! Thanks for the YouTube suggestion!

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Thank you for the link to the machine quilting - something I'm trying to learn. Watching her quilt is mesmerizing!!

Karen said...

lucky grandchildren! It always makes me happy to come here...your colours and patterns, sigh.

vaiybora said...

Pretty projects,Thank you for the tutorial and for sharing !

หนังสยองขวัญ