Saturday, September 16, 2017

Kaffe Facett Lecture at Museum of Flight Today, Slow Stitching, Thankful

Doe and fawn munching the hosta in the backyard.

I've been working on this corner, violets to fill in and a few more leaves to go.

The violets, leaves and stems are pretty much done here.


Happy weekend from cooler, sunny Renton, Wa.
Where we are enjoying family and the beautiful Pacific NW!

It's being held at the Museum of Flight , Seattle WA. I'm going and I'm planning on having fun.
I've been to a Kaffe lecture before and he's entertaining and informative talking about his design inspirations and travel insights. I've got Irish heritage and so this will be interesting for me.

I've had a little time to work more on my Violett ABC sampler. It's a slow stitch and fall gets me in the mood to settle in and slow down, being thankful for family and friends.

I'm linking up with Linda and Julie  for 'Sew Stitch Snap Share'. Stop on by for color inspiration and thanks Linda and Julie for hosting this opportunity to share!

I'm also linking up with Kathy for Slow Stitch Sundays , great idea, thanks for the opportunity to share Kathy!

And I've been taking time to send prayers for all the people that have been displaced and maybe lost homes and businesses in the hurricanes in Texas and Florida.

Remembering to be thankful this weekend!

I'll be by to visit.

7 comments:

Magpie's Mumblings said...

I had forgotten your violet project and am happy to see it appear again. Love the deer munching on the plants - so beautiful, even though destructive.

Mystic Quilter said...

I bet the deer had a great lunch!! I haven't worked on any embroidery for such a long, long time, lovely to see your violets!

Pamela said...

I hope you'll post about the lecture! Your violets are coming along nicely.

Kaja said...

No deer here, but no hostas either, on account of the slugs. Your violets are really pretty- I'll look forward to seeing the whole piece.

Queeniepatch said...

Nice to see some your cross stitch embroidery! I hope you enjoy the lecture.

Deb said...

Love the violets's project.

Ann said...

This reminds me of my grandmother who loved violets and needlepoint. Enjoy the lecture.