Saturday, July 22, 2017

Half Square Triangle Advice, Pike Place Market, Waterfront

My 12 'liberated' log cabin blocks with 1st border.
Log cabins with 2nd border of HSTs, 1st try on corner blocks.
The corner blocks tilted as Kaja advised, with 3rd and fourth borders added.
We went to the big farmers market, Pike Place Market  in Seattle, WA last week.

The displays of produce are a feast for the eyes.

Some of the finest seafood around.

Washington State ferry, Seattle waterfront.




Seattle Aquarium  on the waterfront.


Happy weekend from Renton, WA!
 Where more sightseeing has happened and more playing with and enjoying the antics of a certain bubbly one year old are going on.

We visited the Pike Place Farmers Market in Seattle, Wa, a huge, busy farmers market.
The displays were beautifully arranged and the producers/providers were ready to answer any and every question. 
Seagulls and the smell of Puget Sound brought back childhood memories.

In my last post, my friend Kaja@sewslowly gave me a tip on the progress of my 'liberated log cabin' small quilt's second border of HSTs. She specifically mentioned the corner HST, the purple and yellow corner block. I got to looking at that and sure enough something needed to be different.
So I picked out that block and another corner block and tilted them both differently and wow, that made a difference! Now the HST border runs smooth.Thanks for the tip, Kaja.
This week I had time to sew on the 3rd and fourth border. The dimensions are now, 31" x 26".

I hope you're taking time to enjoy your summer.
Remember to share a smile and enjoy something beautiful.
I'll be by to visit.

10 comments:

Mystic Quilter said...

What a delicious selection of produce in the market - I wish we had one like that here in Auckland!

Kaja said...

I'm glad I was useful! Your medallion is looking so good - how many times are you going to go around? The farmers market is amazing - way better than anything I've seen here.

Queeniepatch said...

I like the fabric you picked for the 4th border.
Mouthwatering market!

Ann said...

I'd love to visit Pike Place Market. We've been to Seattle but have yet to go. Thanks for sharing your progress on your log cabin. It's always interesting to see the iterations we go through.

Pamela said...

Don't you love borders? I'm working on a border adding project and I'm amazed by how different it looks with each addition.

Janie said...

Yes, it's amazing how borders change and add direction to the design journey.
Thanks for stopping by Pamela.

Janie said...

Thanks Queenie. The market was overwhelmingly mouthwatering, yes.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Glad you were able to find a solution to your problem and that it worked perfectly. As for the market - we have a farmers market here but it certainly doesn't look like that!!!

Cathy said...

Hi Janie. I visited my daughter in Seattle last year - Memorial Day-ish - and have some pictures almost identical to yours of the Farmers Market, etc. Except that it was raining and yucky when I visited, LOL. Loving all your quilting work and I do hope you do a pineapple quilt too! Cathy from Cathy`s Crazy by Design.

Sok Sareth said...

Something about your use of colours always makes me smile. Coins in the Sun is lovely, back and front, and I especially like the orange triangle border.
ลาลีกา