Thursday, August 20, 2015

Churn Dash Blocks Wonky Style



This week I've been sewing Churn Dash blocks together. I'm working through Gwen Marston's book Liberated Quilt Making II because I like the intuitive wonky style; more organic and creative.
So far I've made up Star, Shoo fly and now the Churn Dash blocks.
After I work through Gwen's book I'm going on to Sajata Shah's book, Cultural Fushion . She does amazing things with color and design, her quilts have an interesting graphic look to them. 
Keeping the inspiration alive!!
Where do you find inspiration?


5 comments:

Magpie's Mumblings said...

These blocks look like fun - I will have to see if my library happens to have those books. Not that I'm a sane quilter by any means, but that doesn't mean I don't like looking at them!

Janie said...

I think you will enjoy putting blocks together 'wonky' style!

Carli The Quilter said...

Great combo that will make, looking forward to seeing it come into completion.

Ann said...

Working through these books is such a great way to learn, isn't it? So many of us are becoming inspired (or rejuvenated) by improvisational quilting. I expect many new ideas to emerge.

Ann said...

Working through these books is such a great way to learn, isn't it? So many of us are becoming inspired (or rejuvenated) by improvisational quilting. I expect many new ideas to emerge.